Ch 23

Time's POV
I can't believe it. I share the same birthday as my two little munchkins. Today, Leon told me to go back home early to prepare for my children's birthday party.

I wore the best shirt and pants I had. Just as I was about to leave my room, I noticed something. I picked it up and wore it. It kinda looks good. And it's the only thing I have from my past. I want to discover my past. I want to remember everything. I hope that day comes soon. Not too late, before Leo stops waiting.

My heart ached at the thought of him. The Leo I see now and the Leo I see in my memories are completely different. I want him to be able to smile again, the way he used to with Fiat.

I heard a knock on my door. It was War, "P'Time, are you ready? It's almost time."

I looked at the clock. Oh no. I had been so lost in my thoughts I didn't even realise what time it was. Thankfully, I had War to help me. Or this entire party would've driven me crazy. I know it was my idea. But at that time I didn't know that there were so many things to be done to host a party.

Jai and Sol helped me and War set everything up. Then the guests started to arrive. Jai and Sol's friends along with their parents. The kids played in their room. The adults sat in the living room. I served them food.

The doorbell rang and War went to get it. He then came to me and whispered, "Can you come aside for a bit?"

He had told me he wanted me to meet someone. I suggested that that someone come to this party.

I went towards the kitchen with him and saw a girl waiting there. War spoke, "Mia, this is P'Time, my brother and best friend. P'Time, this is Mia, my girlfriend."

"Sawadee krub. It's nice to meet you. War told me a lot about you."

"Sawadee. Nice to meet you too. War speaks a lot about you too. I'm glad to finally meet you in person."

"Really? But I don't think he talks about anyone as much as he talks about Heart and Soul. Can I meet those two?"

"Sure. They're in their room playing with their friends. War will take you."

War led the way and Mia followed behind. He'd met her at the bar he works. Her hair was completely black from the roots till a point from where it was red. When he first met her, he told me about her red hair. How it was completely red like she was a natural redhead. I'm happy for him. He'd found his 'someone' and was ready to give the world for her. I wish they always stay together like this.

Ding Dong...

I opened the door. The people I'd been waiting for had come. Leon looked like a kid in his clothes, his Mae like a young, beautiful lady and his Pho, like an old man. But the one I couldn't take my eyes off was Leo. He looked so handsome in those clothes.

I led them inside. "Jai, Sol, come here," I called to them. They were in the living room with War and Mia. They ran over to where we were standing. Jai said, "Aa Leo, Sawadee krub. How are you?"

"I'm fine. What about you two?"

Sol replied, "We're fine too. It's nice to meet you again."

"Here," Leo handed them their presents, "Happy Birthday."

"Khabkhun krub!" They said in unison. They rushed towards my room, where they'd kept all the presents, for their friends were there in their own room.

"Have you met them before, Leo?" Leo's Pho asked him.

"Yes, Pho."

"Those kids are very cute." Leo's Mae said.

"Indeed." His Pho agreed.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for coming." I said to them.

"It's our pleasure." His Mae said.

I smiled and nodded. "Please make yourself comfortable," I added.

I got into the kitchen to prepare the plates to distribute the cake after cutting. There weren't many people there. Jai and Sol's seven friends in total along with their parents and siblings, War's girlfriend, my past family, and P'Pob. I heard the doorbell ring. It must be P'Pob. He's the only one left to come. I kept on doing my work as I knew War would open the door.

"Do you need any help, son?" I didn't even realise when Leo's Mae came here.

"No, Mae. It's okay."

"Are you sure?" I was shocked to hear that voice. I turned to him. So handsome. I quickly turned my head and nodded. I didn't want them to see me blush. But then I got a cut on my hand from the paper plates. "Ah!"

"Careful." He was still here?! I couldn't be more embarrassed. He quickly took my hand and cleaned it with a clean pocket tissue he seemed to carry everywhere with him.

"Do you have a first aid kit?"

"Yes. It's in my room."

"Come. I'll put on the ointment for you."

"S-sure." I was blushing. I hope he didn't notice.

Before entering my room, he asked, "Can I enter your room?"

"Of course." What was he so worried about?

I brought out the first aid box and sat on the edge of my bed. He sat beside me and started to put ointment on my hand from a piece of cotton.

"Ow, Leo! It hurts. Be gentle."

"I'm sorry." He pressed the cotton softly this time. After it was done, he put a bandage on my hand even though I insisted it wasn't required.

He looked up at me. His eyes. Mesmerizing. His facial features, like that of an angel. I could feel myself falling deep.

He stared at me and then his gaze fell on my necklace. His expression was a bit weird.

"What is that?"

"A necklace."

"Whose is it?"

"Mine."

"Can I see it?"

I took it out and gave it to him. He looked at it carefully. Then he saw the name written on it.

"Where'd you get it?"

"It's the only belonging I have from my past."

His expression was confused. Before he could ask more or I could explain more, War came by the door. "P'Time, it's time to cut the cake." He announced.

"Okay," I said and got up. Leo followed me into the kitchen. War was already attending to the guests in the living room. I took the cake out of the refrigerator and quickly placed it on the kitchen counter. "Ow." How will I carry it to the living room now? My hand hurts just by holding it for such a short time.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Yeah, just my hand hurts a bit."

"Let me take the cake there."

"But..."

"But what? You can't do it. Let me... Please. Go and wait outside."

"Okay," I nodded and went to the living room.

Then Leo brought out the cake. My mind wasn't in the present anymore.

I was standing in a well-decorated place. Leo brought a cake with many candles on it. He told me to make a wish. I wished for him to be with me forever.

All those candles were from different people. People who loved me. People who cared about me.

I was back in the present and he placed the cake on the table. I was holding back my tears. I watched from behind as Jai and Sol together cut the cake. Usually, I would help them but today I didn't. Because I didn't want them to notice the wound on my hand. It really wasn't much. But the bandage Leo put on my hand made it look like a lot.

The rest of the evening felt like hell. That memory gave me a terrible and lasting headache. After all the guests were gone, I just threw myself onto the bed and immediately drifted to sleep.