Ch 22

Leon's POV
P'Time was about to leave when my parents stopped him. Pho wanted our driver to drop him off. But P'Leo said that they had already left. This was the perfect chance. I quickly said, "So, you drive him home." without a second thought.

"Why me?" Ugh. Why is he being stubborn?

"Come on phi, I just came back. Can't you do this much for your brother?" I tried my best to convince him. He rolled his eyes. Damn. Bastard. I'm doing this for him and look at him. I'll talk to him later about this.

"I didn't ask you to do it. I just asked why me." He then got up. Finally.

"Leon, why did you tell your brother to go?" Mae asked me.

"Well, Mae, don't you remember how happy he was the last time he went to drop him? I don't know what happened, but I know that I want him to be happy. And if this makes him happy, then I'll help him."

"You're a good brother," Pho said, then turned to Mae, "You raised your sons right." Mae blushed.

Later...

I saw him enter the house, smiling. I was in front of him. I made a shocked face.

"What?"

"Phi, you're smiling. I didn't know you could do that." I said teasingly.

"Shut up." He went to his room.

I couldn't control the smile on my face. My brother was finally happy. This smile, it had been lost for the past five years. He's smiling again. I believe my idol, my role model, P'Leo will be back, the P'Leo I worship.

The next few days were nothing different than now. Busy schedule, lots of work. I didn't hate work. I enjoyed my work. It was fun. And my only source of happiness after P'Pob left. Both me and my brother are doing the same thing, waiting. Even subconsciously.

On Wednesday, I told P'Time that he could leave early to prepare for the party in the evening. He thanked me and was about to leave when I stopped him. I asked what type of clothes should I wear in the evening that would be appropriate. He told me to wear normal clothes. But what did 'normal clothes' mean? Jeans? T-shirt? Or maybe I should wear a shirt? I decided to ask mae what to wear. Good. She'd know best.

I wore a T-shirt that mae selected for me with jeans. P'Leo wore a shirt with pants. Mae wore a dress and Pho wore a boring plain shirt with cotton pants like old people. Why didn't mae dress her husband nicely? He looks so old next to Mae. But I won't say anything because I know I'll get scolded. We were welcomed inside by P'Time himself. There were a few people already there. I took a seat in the living room partially filled with people. I guess they are the parents of the other kids.

The doorbell rang, again. This time the other guy went to open the door. "P'Pob, you came! I'm so happy!" I could hear. P'Pob? Which P'Pob is he talking to? Though there was very little chance that he was my P'Pob, I still got up and went to the corridor.

"P'Pob?!"

I couldn't believe my eyes. Was it really him? Was I really seeing him? Was I really seeing my P'Pob?

"Leon?"

"Oh, you two know each other?" The other guy spoke.

"Yeah, we were friends before I left Thailand," P'Pob replied.

"Oh okay. I'll let you two catch up then. I'll check on other guests." He said and left.

Now there were only two people there. Me and him. I couldn't control the tears in my eyes. I hugged him tightly, "I missed you so much, P'Pob."

"I missed you too, Leon." He hugged me back.

I wanted to ask him so many things. But right at the moment, I was crying too much to be able to say anything. I cried my heart out on his shoulder, still hugging him. I heard him sniff.

After I was sober enough, I stopped hugging him and spoke, "When did you come back? Why didn't you contact me?"

He was quiet for a while. Then said, "I mailed you."

"Which email did you send it to? My old email's password is lost. I've created a new one." I was sad and so angry. Not at him, but at myself. How come I lost the password of that account? If only I were more responsible, I would've known when he came back. I would've been able to see his mail. How come I am so irresponsible?

"Oh. I hadn't known."

"So, how are you? How have you been?"

"I'm fine. I live in Bangkok now. I have a team that helps orphanages in different places."

"Oh. And I'm a model now."

"Yeah, I've seen your photos. They're all over the place."

After I'd had enough of the silence and thought my mind would burst with thoughts, I asked, "So, have you found someone else? I mean, do you have a lover?"

"I used to. But I left him. For my dream."

"The same as us."

"That is us."

I was too stunned to speak. My heart was beating fast. A smile formed on my face. P'Pob hadn't fallen in love with someone else. I was the only one for him, all these years.

He suddenly broke my thoughts, "And, what about you? Have you fallen in love?"

"I did. But he had to leave for his dream. Even so, I waited for him."

I could see the tension fade and a smile form on his face.

✨✨✨

Pobphan's POV
I was upset when I got to know that Fiat was busy this weekend. But he invited me to his children's birthday party. I still had a chance, maybe, to meet Leon.

I went to his house and was greeted by my ever-excited brother, Nong War. He sure was excited to see me.

"P'Pob?!"

My heart skipped a beat. It couldn't be who I was thinking it would be. But I knew his voice too well. I turned to see and it really was him. "Leon?"

"Oh, you two know each other?" Nong War said. I told him we used to be friends earlier. And he left us alone.

Leon started to cry. I couldn't control my own tears after seeing his. He hugged me. He told me he missed me. That was it. I hugged him back. I wanted for this moment to never end. I wanted it to go on forever. I don't know why but this, his embrace felt like him. Like something I had been longing for a long time.

After a while, after he'd stopped crying, he stepped a bit away from me and asked, "When did you come back? Why didn't you contact me?"

I told him I had mailed him. He said his email id had changed. Why didn't I think that could be the case? Was it because I just wanted a reason to think he'd moved on? Or did he? Am I the only one waiting?

He then broke my thoughts by asking a question. I answered him and questioned back. But then there was silence followed by a question from him that surprised me for sure, "So, have you found someone else? I mean, do you have a lover?"

A lover. Yes, right in front of my eyes.  "I used to. But I left him. For my dream."

"The same as us."

"That is us."

I saw a smile on his face. Does that mean he hadn't found anyone else as well? Had he been waiting too? I couldn't take it anymore, so I just asked him, "And, what about you? Have you fallen in love?"

"I did. But he had to leave for his dream. Even so, I waited for him."

Automatically, all my worries faded away. I smiled freely. He had been waiting for me. I had been waiting for him. We were together now. But next what?

I asked, "So, what do we do now?"

"Umm... I don't know. Right now let's go inside. I think it's time to cut the cake."

"Yeah, let's go," I said and we went into the living room.

A/N
I know it isn't good, sorry guys!!