Ch 21

Leo's POV
I was sitting at the table with Pho waiting for Mae and Leon to come. Pho was home after a long time and we were going to have tea together. I wish Fiat was here as well. No, I'm not supposed to think about him. But I can't help it.

Then Mae and Leon came, with Time. My heart skipped a beat. Now how do I convince my heart that this isn't Fiat when they look and act exactly the same?

I saw him staring at pho. Right, he hadn't met him before. Mae introduced him. Then there was silence.

"Are you all free this Wednesday?" It caught me off guard. This Wednesday was Fiat's birthday.

"Why?" I asked. Maybe I sounded a bit rude. But I don't care.

"It's my kids' birthday. So, I wanted to invite you all."

His kids. They are cute. Maybe all cute people are born on this day.

"That's very considerate of you, son. We'll think about it."

Silence enveloped the room. I sensed the awkwardness. Yet I didn't say anything. He finished his tea and was about to leave when my parents stopped him. Pho offered that a driver drive him home. But they had already gone back now.

I turned to him, "But pho, all the drivers have already left."

"So, you drive him home." Leon quickly spoke.

"Why me?" I asked.

"Come on phi, I just came back. Can't you do this much for your brother?" He tried to be cute. But failed. I didn't mean it that way. I just wanted to know why me. Why did I have to drive him home? I got up and got the keys from a servant. I noticed him still standing there. "Are you going to keep on standing or what?" I said and went to get the car.

There was silence in the car at first. He broke the silence by asking a question. I didn't completely hear the question as I was lost in my thoughts. So I questioned back.

"To my children's birthday party." I'd love to. Those kids are just too cute to say no to. I told him it was my Fiat's birthday as well.

"Mine too." I almost choked. How come they have so much in common? I don't know why but it gave my heart a hope. That my Fiat was still there.

"I mean, I like to consider my children's birthday my birthday as that was when I found a reason to live." He quickly added.

"Oh." I hope my disappointment didn't reflect in my voice.

I didn't say anything again, neither did he. When I pulled over at the front of his place, he said, "The kids will love it if you come. They liked you very much." and left.

They liked me. It just made me flattered. I was happy inside. Thinking about meeting those kids again gave me some joy. I went back home smiling.

((((((((((((((((
The next chapter is dedicated to Leonpob's meeting.
))))))))))))))))