Part 4

A month has passed since Arya and Grayson started dating officially, a month since Grayson Hawthorne started calling a girl his girlfriend. Anyone who looks at him while he is looking at her knows that this man is already falling in love with her. Everything was going well, Grayson would even describe it as perfect. Everyday he texts her or calls or goes to her apartment directly, he's staying away from Texas for her. He takes her on dates every weekend. She is very good with her words, it's reassuring for him that she let him know how much she likes him.

They were out cloud gazing in a park this weekend and it suddenly started raining. It was the type of rain Arya would want to dance with her boyfriend. And how could Grayson Hawthorne deny her request? Even if it means to get his $5000 suit wet and muddy. They slowly danced and kissed in the rain. It was the most important moment of Grayson’s life, he never wanted it to end. Her hands around his neck, his on her waist. Soft wet kisses and playful conversation. But it had to end or they both would be sick, so escorted her to his car.

The rain was getting heavier as time passed, the hotel Grayson was staying was nearby so they headed there. He let her shower first, she came out with one of the bathrobes. Grayson kissed her forehead before going inside the bathroom. Arya wanted to get changed to something more comfortable.

“Grayson?” She called his name from outside.

“Yeah?”

“Can I borrow one of your shirts? I don't think I can sleep in this robe” She asked.

“Of course, just grab one from the wardrobe”

“Okay, thanks”

The problem was there were three wardrobes. She opened the one in the middle. It had a lot of white, beige and black shirts hanging. What she also saw was a file sitting on the shelf below the hanging clothes with her name on it. Frowning, she took it out and opened it to find her whole life typed out. Her birthday, birthplace, which hospital she was born in, copy of her identity card, passport, tabs on her travels, her workplace, her home address, a whole background check that says no criminal records, it even had information about her parents.  She blinked at this unbelievable piece of file. There were even pictures of her which dated to be taken two months ago, right after she came back from London.

A file that had every information about her. She started to panic, what kind of sick guy was she dating?

She jumped when she heard the bathroom door open and close. She held onto the file so tight.

“Arya…” Grayson's eyes were at her hands, looking at the object she was holding.

“What the hell is this?” She asked, despite her anger she was also scared.

“I’ll explain, please don't be mad.” He begged, stepping closer to her.

She stepped back. “Don't be mad? Grayson, so you know how sick this is? A background check? Seriously? And every single information about me? What else do you know out of this file? Do you have access to my phone? My laptop? Do you read my messages?”

“No, I wouldn't do that.” He assured.

“But you would do a background check, right?” She snapped.

“It's not— I only did it because I wanted to know what kind of person I'm getting myself involved with.” He explained.

“These pictures were taken way before we started going out!” She yelled.

“Arya, I like you. Since London, I wanted to know you, that's why…” He was unable to finish the sentence.

“You stalked me. You know you could have just asked me about me if you wanted to know anything. But I did tell you and every time I told you something, you already knew.” She said.

“I only know the things that are in this file. And I didn't stalk you.” He added. “I had a PI” He kept his head down.

“That is obsessive behaviour, Grayson” She told him.

“I'm sorry. That day in London, you were something else, so intriguing and amusing. I couldn't help it, I had to know you.” He said.

“I didn't tell my agency’s name to you in London, did I? You got it from your PI.” She was putting two and two together.

“Yes.” His head was still facing down.

“You are sick.” She said and dropped the file down. She headed to the bathroom, Grayson didn't follow her, he wanted for her to come out. When she did, she came out wearing her wet clothes.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m leaving” She replied while grabbing her bag.

“What?” He almost stuttered. “No. Please, stay. I'm sorry. I was an obsessed freak. I know, I didn't have the PI follow you after I came here. I swear to you Arya, don't leave. I'm so sorry” He apologised as he walked towards her.

“Don't.” She stopped him from coming any closer.

“I'm so sorry, please don't leave me. I'll do anything” He begged.

“I need time. I can't be near you. I'm sorry” She left his suite.

Grayson was devastated, he messed up. It was his choice to have her stalked. Why couldn't he just be normal? He kept thinking. This day was so perfect.