Part 5

It took everything in Grayson to stay away from her but he couldn't take it any longer. He has to see her and apologise again, he would beg until she forgives him. He knocked on her apartment door and mentally revised his monologue— that if she is ready to listen without interrupting. His mentally prepared monologue vanished once she opened the door in her pyjamas.

“What are you doing here?” She asked him with a frown.

“I know you said you wanted space, and I'm glad to give it to you but you need to understand why I did what I did. I understand why you are mad, you have every right to. I didn't respect your privacy. I didn't think how it would look, I had you stalked for my personal selfish reasons. I had to know what kind of person I'm getting myself involved with. I can't afford to make mistakes. Please understand, it was never my intention to hurt you. I would never go too far either.” It wasn't what he prepared mentally but he somehow managed to spit out words.

“You wanted to know if I was a criminal or something?” She asked.

“If we are putting it that way, yes.” He couldn't bring himself to look her in the eyes.

“Look, Grayson. I'd say I understand, it's probably some rich people thing. But I still have to process this, okay?” She raised her eyebrows at the last part.

“I understand. You need time. I'll be on my way. Please don't let everything go.” He begged.

She didn't say anything but when he turned she stopped him. “Wait.”

“What is it?” He asked, ready to do anything she is going to ask him.

“Um, it's nothing. I'm going out with a few friends tonight. A club. I thought you should know.” He didn't know why she  him know this.

“You’re allowed to do what you please.” He stated.

“There'll be guys.” She paused for a moment. “My friends wanted me to meet someone because of…”

“I hope you enjoy your time.”

“But I'm not going to.”

Well that was a relief for him.

“I trust you to do the right thing and the thing you want, Arya.”

_

It would be a deliberate lie if Grayson said he was not bothered by the fact that his girlfriend or whatever they are now is out in a club probably being set up with a random guy by her friends. Grayson can't sleep on a good day let alone a time like this, he was swimming like a mad man in the hotel’s pool and had to stop because his phone rang. He saw her name on the screen and immediately answered it.

“Are you okay?” He asked. It was his first thought.

“Yes! But I miss you, so, so, so much.” Her words slurred.

“How many drinks did you have?” He asked.

“You're an idiot! When I said I'm going to the club you should have said ‘Can I come?’”

“I didn't think you'd want me there.”

“Of course not, but you should have stopped me from coming to this lame hangout.” She scoffs.

“Lame? Why is that?”

“I'm not having the fun my friend promised me.” She said. “What are you doing now?” She asked.

“I was swimming right before you called me.” He told her.

“Are you naked?” She asked in a teasing manner.