Investigation

Adam and Miku would reach Onagawa wearing radiation suits while other officials would be there already, gauging the radiation in the area. Adam looked around the site and saw how much destruction was caused, he stayed quiet for a moment before following Miku to one of the tents that held the survivors of the attack. He went in and saw that a few females had cross hatching like burns on their arms and necks which is consistent with flash burns from Nuclear Weapons. He turned to look at a small child who had an open sores on its face and also bleeding from its nose, this site almost caused him to cry before he turned away to look at Miku talking to one of the doctors that were treating the survivors before coming back to Adam. "The survivors are a bit confused but that's normal considering that they are dealing with Radiation poisoning, he can't tell if what their saying is true but I'll be able to translate what they are saying for you."

"Thanks Miku," Adam said as he waited for the Doctor to leave one woman who was in her thirties to tend to the child before he approached her. "Hello Ma'am," he greeted, "I am here investigating what happened to the town and the reactor, can you help me?"

The woman opened her eyes, showing pure white orbs as she held out her hand from underneath the clean blanket that she was under. Adam looked down and gently grabbed her hand which was peeling and blood pouring out of the sores, looked around before talking in a horse voice. Miku listened carefully while trying her best to not look at the injuries, she just kept her eyes on the woman's face while her forehead was covered with a cool cloth. After a few more moments the woman took a deep breath which was her chance to translate, "She said a giant monster came from the ocean, eyes as red as fire, its body was as black as coal before firing a beam of white light from its mouth, then after that she lost her sight."

"White light or even bright light is considered a product of a Nuclear blast from an Atomic or Hydrogen bomb... but a giant monster?" 

The woman screamed in terror before starting to rambling off as she turned her head to Adam, grabbing onto his hand tightly while blood seeped from her nose and her gums. Water welled up in her eyes before she would stop moving for a few more moments, the rag went off of her forehead as the EKG would flatline, showing that the woman was deceased. "She was adamant it was a giant creature, it... crushed people beneath its feet before going blind."

Adam lowered his head and let the woman's hand go before looking up at Miku, "Was there any military here during the time of the attack?"

"No, the report showed that no military was in the area during the time of the attack."

Adam looked over at the other victims within the tent that were still alive before his own eyes went back to the child. Seeing anyone in this state would cause people to break down in tears before looking at the dead female. He quickly went out of the tent to gather his wits all the while Miku would follow him to make sure he was ok. He looked up at the blue sky while the sound of the Geiger reader would crackle with the sound of heavy radiation within the soil and the rubble of the city. He felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned around and saw the gentle face of Miku through her mask of her radiation suit.

Adam gave her a small smile while tears flowed down his face before looking around once again at the city; taking a few moments of silence for those that lost their lives before his own eyes would see the craters and that the nuclear reactor was still intact. "Wait... is the Reactor still operating?"

"From reports that I saw no, but why is it not destroyed?"

"That was my question," he said as he would shake his head before going to Miku and another official that walked up to them. "Can you get me over there? We might need some reedings if there is no leak from the reactor or if something did come in and just turn the reactor off."