✨CHAPTER- 5✨

Author's Pov:

Srisha had been lying unconscious for the past 30 minutes, her face drained of colour, a stark contrast to the vividness of her nightmares. Worry etched deep lines on the faces of family as they sat around her, their concern palpable in the dim light of the room.

Madhav, ever attentive, carefully examined her, his experienced hands seeking any signs of distress. With a solemn expression, he concluded that her sudden loss of consciousness was likely triggered by the intensity of her nightmare. Understanding the delicate nature of her condition, he advised against deliberately rousing her from her slumber. Instead, he administered a glucose injection, hoping to replenish some of the strength she had lost during her ordeal.

"Pta nahi kya kya saha hoga es nazuk si bachi ne jo yeh halat ho gyi hai iski," the lady murmured softly, her fingers tenderly brushing through Srisha's hair. Her words hung heavy in the air, causing both Madhav and Radhika to purse their lips in shared concern.

("Who knows what this delicate girl must have endured to reach this state,")

As Srisha slowly opened her eyes, the brightness of the room made her squint, prompting Madhav to quickly shield her eyes with his hand. Adjusting to the light, she blinked a few times before attempting to focus on her surroundings.

"Thik ho na bacha?" the lady asked, her concern palpable in her voice. Srisha nodded weakly in response, "j..jii" her voice barely above a whisper. With the help of Madhav and the lady, she attempted to sit up. Radhika, who had hurried to the kitchen upon seeing Srisha awake, returned with a glass of water.

("Are you feeling better, bacha?")

("yes")

Srisha gulped down the water and handed the glass back to Radhika, who smiled warmly at her. "Srisha," she began, her voice soft and gentle, prompting the three of them to look at her with curiosity.

She understood that she had to share her story with them, considering all they had done for her without even knowing her. It was her responsibility to reveal her identity. "Srisha," she said slowly, "mera naam hai."

("Is my name")

The three of them smiled warmly at her, but before she could continue, Madhav's soft voice interrupted, "agar aap hume btane ke liye tayar hai toh hi btaiye koi zabardasti nahi hai." This made her smile faintly and she shook her head.

("If you are ready to tell us, then please do so, there is no compulsion.")

"Mujhe btane dijiye," she said slowly, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. The lady gently caressed her hand, offering a reassuring touch. Despite her insecurities, Srisha knew she had to do it. She couldn't live with them without providing a proper reason. Plus, she needed to contact Mohnish, and they might be able to help her get a phone.

("Let me tell")

"Main Agra se hu, MLA Rudra Sharma ke ghar ki..." She paused, closing her eyes tightly, her hands clenched into fists. "Bahu," she whispered, causing the three of them to look at her in shock. They were well aware of who Rudra Sharma was and his reputation for heartlessness.

("I am from Agra, from the house of MLA Rudra Sharma...")

("his daughter-in-law")

"Aur mere papa Anirudh Sastry, Sadarban gaon ke mukhiya aur zimidar," she continued, her voice slow and deliberate. Now they understood the weight of her family background. Anirudh Sastry was a well-known personality in the state, revered for his ethical principles. He was known as a man of his word, his promises as indelible as lines carved into solid rock.