Chapter 15

"Wake up!"

You hear someone. It feels distant. You open your eyes and see Kean soaked in water. Asta standing beside the bed.

You look at yourself but you are completely dry.

"Is it necessary to always do this?" Kean's British tone comes out, annoyance visible in his voice.

Asta chuckles under her breath.

"Oh yes it is. The way you were holding [Reader] didn't sit right with me." She mumbles.

"Umm.. good morning." You say in a sleepy tone.

"Good morning!" Both of them say in a cheerful tone at the same time. They glare at each other.

Asta grabs Kean's arm and pulls him out of bed. Kean stumbles off the bed while Asta sits beside you. Avoiding the wet spots, she hugs you as a Morning greeting.

"I brought your Favorite meal for lunch!"

"But isn't it time for breakfast?"
Being squished by her chest, you mumble out.

"Hardly. It's already 2 pm!"

Kean rolls his eyes at Asta's antics but doesn't say anything. He walks out the room towards the Kitchen. He starts to set up for lunch.

Asta gently untangles from the embrace, her hands lingering on your shoulders as she meets your gaze with a serious intensity. Her eyes bore into yours, searching for something , as if looking into the depths of your soul for answers.

"Why are you so slow?" Her tone, sharp as you feel her nails digging into your shoulders

You blink, looking at her.  "What do you mean?"

She leans in close, her voice barely above a whisper.

"You know what I mean, [Reader]." she murmurs, her eyes ablaze with intensity. The silver glow emanating from them holds you captive, locking your gaze with hers in an unbreakable bond.

You gently pull her hands from your shoulders, backing away from her and get out of bed.
"I just woke up, Asta." You yawn. "Give me a minute."

You go to the bathroom to freshen up.

"Asta..." 

The big house looked fancy with lots of decorations on the outside. It had tall columns at the entrance and pretty plants climbing up the walls. Big windows reflected the sunlight, making it look even more impressive. Around the house were well-kept gardens and a shiny lake where swans swam peacefully. It seemed like a really rich and fancy place.

"This is... Your house?!"

"Yep!" She twirls a strand of hair between her fingers.

"Do you like it?" She looks at you expectedly.

You think for a moment and say. "The lake! I really like that." 

She claps her hands together in joy.

"I am glad. Let's go ins---"  she stops talking as another car parks in front of her car.

You both turn your attention as a man with ginger hair and piercing green eyes steps out of the car. He walks towards you. Despite the smile plastered on his face, it appears forced and insincere.

Asta's entire demeanor undergoes a noticeable shift as she subtly edges closer to your side, her instinctive movement seeking to shield you from his approaching presence.

"Asta Darling! Who is this friend of yours?" His voice dripping with sweetness but his gaze coveys the opposite.

"No one, you would be interested in, Mister Jars." Her glare is evident which is highlighted by the way her whole face wrinkles in detest.

"Who is this?" You whisper to Asta.

"I will tell you later. Let's go to my room, First." Asta grabs your wirst and leads you, to the pathway, leading to the front door.

"Asta. I suggest you answer my question or it might not be good for your little friend here." Mason Jars says with a sinister smirk.

Asta stops in her tracks and turns around.

"We won't want to make Mister Dante angry now, do we?"

"What does this have to do with Him!?" Asta snarls.

"Ho ho.. you don't think I wouldn't report back to him about how his two employees are mingling around with this specific person." His eyes fix on yours, intensely glaring at you.

Asta stands in front of you, shielding you.

"I am not his employe. My parents are. Go talk to them that's what you are here for, Dante's Lapdog."

"Don't disrespect his Name, Asta. You are still a kid."

"Fuck.off." Asta walks towards the front door taking you with her by hand.

"You just digged your own grave, Asta." The last thing you hear as the front door closes.

The house is EMPTY of any warmth or comfort. It doesn't feel like home. It's cold and void. So... Empty..

She just took you to her bedroom. Bland just like Napoleon's. No character in the room that would show it's hers.

"So, I want this process to be faster please. Like this is not going anyWHERE!!" She sighs and plops on the bed.

"You need to grab them by the neck to get the information like I am sooooooooo done with this."

Asta stares at you after her monologue. She just wants this be over with. She can't handle being treated like this all over again. She want it done and right now if possible.

You feel world pool emotions from her. You sit beside her.

"Asta.... I have this feeling that  you know who I truly am.." you stare into her eyes as the whole vide changes. She straightens her back and fidgets with her hem of her crop top.

You continue.

"The way you talked to me. The way you looked at me. It's like you know more then you let out. It's..." You sigh and grab her hands.

"If so? Please let me how to get out of this!" Feeling a little hope you squeeze her hands.

"He-help Yo-You?" You hear her her crack as her eyes narrows and her nose wrinkles. She bobs her head down as her smooth sandy hair frames in front of her face.

Her body starts to shake.

"help You escape?" She sings.

"HAHAHAHAH!!!"  She starts to laugh manically. She pulls you close by your intertwined hands.

Her eyes are as wide as her smile.

"You can't." A breathy chuckle escapes her lips.

"You."

She leans closer to your face.

"Can't."

She gently moves the strand of hair from your face.

"Escape."

She gives you the most innocent smile you have ever seen. That gives you a whiplash. She moves away and sits on your side comfortably like before.

"How about I remind you how we all met? How this started? How does that sound, huh?"

She asks softly while tilting her head. Small strands of Sandy hair falls in front of her silver eyes.

"And that would make this process very easy. Huh... Why didn't I just think of that earlier."

You are shocked, confused. And a little horrified.  The way she changed her tone so easily like it was nothing.

You start to doubt if any of that happened.

Actress.

This specific word linger in your mind.