Chapter 16

Minster Jiang could not get home fats enough to inform his wife of the arrival of the Immortal Queen Boashan Sanren at the Imperial Palace. He is not stupid, no. He had already put two and two together to come to the conclusion after the other omegas were sent back to their respective families and there were no word of Wei Wuxian ever leaving the Palace or roaming the world alone. Yes, he has spies out there keeping him in formed, but on this one, they had failed him tremendously.

Wei Wuxian will be their next Empress and mate of their next Emperor Lan Wangji. Oh, how the wheels had turned. He just knows that his wife would be in a murderous mood when she found out about this. But that should be the least of their worries right now. If the queen ever found out what had really happened that night. They will certainly pay with it dearly with their Iives. He just prayed and hoped that their children would be spared.

The moment he dismounted his sword, he made his way quickly over to his wife's personal chambers, not sparing a glance or nod to the servants and guards as well as the disciples who were greeting him. He walked through the doors of his wife's personal chambers, not even waiting for him to be announced and straight to where he could see her sitting in her private pavilion overlooking the river. She was sipping on a cup of tea, or he hoped that it was and not a cup of wine.

He steeled himself for what's to come once he told her. He two personal maids gave him a raised brow, but he just walked past them. There is no time to be courteous. Not when they all could be dead by sunrise. Once he reached the table, he unceremoniously sat down, and his wife startled at the sudden intrusion but schooled herself real quickly.

"What do you want Fengmian?. Do you know that the Crown Prince sent for our children and he did not even have the audacity to tell me as their parent why he requested their presence at the palace. Do you perhaps know?."

She asked with a raised brow and a voice hindering anger as she gave her husband a side eye.

"My lady, the Immortal Queen Boashan Sanren, arrived at the palace today."

He said instead and watched suprise overtook her face.

"What is she doing here?. She hasn't left her Kingdom in years. What urged her to do so now?."

She asked her husband, who just shook his head.

"My lady, could it be that she found out what really happened to her daughter, the crown princess and her mate?. And that's the reason she suddenly left her Kingdom."

He asked, nervous energy wafted of him.

"How could she?. No one saw what really happened and I for one is glad that, that whore is dead. I do not care if she was the crown princess or not. She wanted what was mine, and I showed her her place. I will do it all over again if I have to."

She said instead, not caring how her words sound in the stillness that surrounds her.

"By the way, we took care of any witnesses so no one could tie us to their deaths. But you just had to keep the pup, you foolish man. I am just glad that he is out of our hair and out there somewhere dying of hunger. "

She continued, and her husband sighed in defeat.

"I have more bad news, my lady."

He said with a defeated tone, and her head snapped at him to face him.

"Wei Wuxian is the chosen omega of the crown prince. He will be the next Empress of our country."

Glass breaking could be heard as soon as those words left his mouth. The cracking energy of zidian followed suit as her face concorted in anger.