𝟎.𝟐 - 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

━━━━ CHAPTER TWO!

(real life — & messages)

━━━━MESSAGES!

nika🤍
Hi babyyy we are landing in 3 hours
I will text you when we're almost there
(read 2:09 pm)

ema🤍
okay n just shoot me a text or call
(read 2:15 pm)
i cannot wait to see you
(read 2:16 pm)

nika🤍
i can't wait to see you i miss you the
most ml i'll text you when we land but i
gotta go kisses😚
(read 2:25 pm)

ema🤍
😚😚
(delivered 2:30 pm)

━━━━REAL LIFE,

IT FELT LIKE TIME WAS MOVING IN SLOW MOTION for the mühl girls. Being apart for months was something they had to get used being in colleges miles apart from each other. But in the case of them being only a few hours away from not only seeing each other again but being reunited with their whole family, the wait felt like centuries.

While Ema was over the moon about seeing her sister again and meeting the new uconn players there was a slight problem. Paige Bueckers. The girls used to be inseparable when they played for team USA in 2018, but that friendship quickly died and the girls hadn't spoken since.

Lost in thought Ema forgot she was needed for team bonding to prepare for their tournament in a few days.

One of the teams they were playing against was UCONN. It wasn't unusual for the mühl girls to play against eachother, common even, but soon it would be different especially if they both end up in the final four.

Considering the fact it was both of their senior years they equally wanted their teams to win and if that meant beating their sister it would have to be that.

━━━━EMAS POV,

A SLIGHT KNOCK ON THE DOOR STARTLED ME OUT OF MY THOUGHTS. "mhm come in" a head appeared in the doorway "just checking to see if you were ready, we're leaving in about 10 minutes" Kate spoke with a smile on her face. I returned the smile and faced her and she turned around to walk out when I stood from my stool and jumped on her back.

Being away from my sister meant I had to make new friends. Playing on a team it wasn't hard to. I had met Caitlin when I played for the USA team but Kate I met in my freshman year, we became best friends instantly.

Shaking me off of her we walked to meet the rest of the group in the lobby of the hotel while we waited for Jada and Gabbie.

The team waited around two more minutes for Jada and Gabbie and then we headed out. Stepping out of the hotel I felt the warm sun hit my face, I had lived in Croatia my whole life and yet being here never got old.

We walked around for a while and ended up deciding on a place to eat. Gabbie and Kate had been jokingly arguing all day and everyone was slowly getting fed up with them so it was nice to have a break while they were separated at lunch.

I was seated in between Kate and Jada we all ordered our food and we were sitting around quietly chatting as we waited.

"Emmie when's Nika gonna be here?" the girl from beside me spoke glancing over at her i replied as I checked the time 3:45 "she should be landing in an hour or so, my parents are going to be picking her up and we're meeting their team for dinner later" she nodded and we all sat around in silence as the waitress brought out our food. We all said polite "thank you's" and started eating.

Feeling a buzzing in my pocket I reached for my phone. Opening the screen and checking the time 4:30 seeing a notification from Nika at the bottom of my screen I excitedly clicked on it.

━━━━MESSAGES!

nika🤍
landing in 30 see you soon EEEEEE
(read 4:31)

━━━━EMAS POV,

Seeing the notification I squealed and gripped onto Kate's arm "guys their landing in 30 minutes" I told the group and a few screams were shared earning glares from the rest of the restaurant.

My hand still rested on kate's arm as I placed my head on her shoulder when the team walked out of the restaurant the nerves bubbling in my stomach as the thought of my sister lingered in my mind.

A quick 15 minute walk back to the hotel was shared with laughs and small talk and when we reached the hotel I saw a very familiar group staring at us in the lobby.

Immediately I sprinted over to the huddle of girls picking out my sister in the crowd and jumping on her squeezing her in my arms.

After a long hug and sniffles we broke apart "I missed you like crazy ema you don't understand" her accent came out when she spoke and I smiled at her pulling her back into a hug.

Turning to the rest of the team who had greeted my team as well and hugged a few of the girls we recognized. Nika introduced me to some of the new girls and some of the old ones as well. Turning to Azzi I pulled the girl into a hug and we giggled. "I missed you az don't think you could get away without a hug."

Unlinking with the girl I turned around to find a familiar blonde looking at me. We shared awkward glances and said a quiet "hello". Things with Paige hadn't been smooth sailing since we ended things on bad terms in 2021.

━━━━M TALKS...

I love love love this chapter also yall let me know if I should do a little ema+kate action bcuz their relationship is sooooo cute

Anyways yeah ilysm ty for reading!!

🤍