23

Severus and Lucius walked into Riddle's cottage; they made their way through the house to the living room, where they found Tom sitting on the couch with Skoll leaning against him as he read a book.

"Lucius, Severus, what are you doing here?" Tom asked looking up from his book.

"We're here for Nikolai," Lucius said, and Tom frowned.

"Nikolai is not here, he left two days ago," Tom said, and the two men frowned.

"Left? Where did he go?" Lucius asked.

"He went to the Guant cottage; I thought you were aware of this," Tom mumbled, and the two shook their heads.

"Does this floo have a connection to the cottage?" Severus asked and Tom nodded. The two entered the floo and quickly disappeared in green flames.

They stepped out of the floo into a small living room. They searched the house, not finding Nikolai inside. They exited the house through the front door and found the young male sitting on the stairs, looking out into the ocean that was visible off the cliff.

"Nikolai," Lucius called, walking over to him.

Nikolai's shoulders tensed as he turned around to look up at them.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, turning back around.

"We went to Riddle Cottage to collect you for our date, but Tom said that you were here," Severus said, sitting down beside him.

"I don't think I'm well enough for a date," Nikolai said. "My creature is in pain, it's hurting right now, and I don't think going out is going to help it," he said, and Severus winced because he knew what Nikolai was talking about.

"I am sorry, I forgot you could feel if I had sex with someone other than you. I was just trying to help Lucius relax after a long day at work," the dark-haired man apologized, and Nikolai sighed.

"It's fine, I can't expect you guys not to have sex without me there. My creature has just been feeling it for so long, that it doesn't realize that you are ours this time, that we have another as well. It just felt like rejection." Nikolai explained and Lucius sighed, coming to sit beside him as well.

He wrapped his arm around Nikolai and pulled him close. "I should have been more aware of it, having a creature and all," He said, and Nikolai gave him a small smile before sighing.

"If you want, instead of going out for a date, I could cook us something, and we could enjoy it out here," Severus said, looking at the two.

"I think that would be nice," Nikolai agreed, and Severus stood and went into the house.

"Nikolai," Lucius said after a few minutes of them sitting in silence.

The red-eyed male looked over at him in question.

"I know this is hard, finding your mate and them already having someone else. I know it is even harder to include the person they are dating into your relationship when you probably want to rip me apart for even touching him," Lucius said and Nikolai gave a slight chuckle.

"It was hard at first, seeing you guys. Wishing I could do those things with him," Nikolai said, "But, I do not mind being with both of you, my creature has accepted that we have our mate, but it has not yet fully accepted that we have to," He said, and Lucius looked at him with a raised brow.

"You really don't mind?" The blonde asked and Nikolai shook his head as the door opened.

"The food is ready," He said and both men looked back at him with smiles,

"Why are you smiling like that?" The older vampire asked, looking at the two who shook their heads before both standing and walking over to him.

Nikolai held the door open to let them both into the house, before following them.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 622

Re-published: May 2, 2024, 2:30 pm

When are you reading this?