16. Sneaky

Jake's pov

I enter the dark lounge of my apartment. I take off my coat tossing it on the couch and sit laying my head back , letting out a tired sigh.

"You're back early...." A deep voice echoes in the lounge as i arrive. I turn my head to see nicholas waking towards me and a maid who passes me the glass of water as i mutter a thank you before gulping it down in one way.

He sits beside me , his elbows placed on his knees and he tilts his head staring at me intently. I raise my eyebrows in question as he tsks before smacking my head lightly.

"What?" I frown more as he says "you were supposed to tell me if my men are cooperating with you enough and also about kang , did he agree on lending you the guns you need  INCLUDING the spies" he asks all at once.

Another sigh....

"Yes your men are greatly cooperating with me , way better than i expected and for kang it took me quiet a while to make him believe your my acquaintance, that guy sure has serious trust issues" i say messing my hair of how frustrated i had got because of him and nicholas just laughs it off.

I'm about to speak again but my phone rings. Without looking at the caller id i pick up the call , my tone instantly stern already knowing its from the club.

"Hello?"

Otp " hello sir , i think we need you at the club right now"

I glance at nicholas who's busy scrolling on his phone now before i question

"Why?"

"I think we have a small commotion here"

"What the hell do you mean" my voice rising every second and this time nicholas pays full attention to me.

" sir , its choi yeonjun who wants to meet you"

"F***" i mutter underneath my breath.

"Ok i'll be there"

I wear a jacket this time , sliding my phone into my pocket and putting on my cap as i grab the keys of the bike.

"Going somewhere?" Nicholas stops me as i turn to look at him. "Yea , that a**hole choi is there" i roll my eyes and nicholas holds his head tired from the drama already.

"Dont worry , i know he came alone , my father's men arent with him" he nods in response as i leave the house.

I start the engine of the bike and the guards open the door as i leave for the club in under town japan.

Life's changed alot , staying here in japan , i had to strive alone. Even though The nishimura's
Urged to help i refused since they had already done a lot for me and because of my father , their only son ni-ki is no longer in this world.

I still miss ni-ki , every memory , from the first meeting till his death , still fresh in my mind . Happy memories yet a dreadful ending , stabs everytime in my heart . He died because i didnt listen to him , he died because of that filthy bastard byungjoo and until i dont avenge him i wont stop.

I trained harder than before , i learned a lot of skills specially assassination . I mastered it until no one could beat me. Nicholas , had been a friend of mine in seoul before he moved here and he was the only one i could trust among all the people here.

We got pretty close and trained together and he's well aware of my plan. If not for him , i could have become a thug. I scoff on my own thoughts.

I miss mom , i left her all alone and i know she's still as sad as ever but after all she was the one who suffered the most because of her husband. The boys knew at least something but knowing that the murderer is my father , i doubt they would want to be by my side.