6

A few time skips this chapter—my bad🧍🏽‍♀️

A few time skips this chapter—my bad🧍🏽‍♀️ .

Mea | Baltimore, Maryland

"You're acting like either of you won't fly out and see me. It was for precaution. I had already packed my things before I left so that I can spend the next few days at Donny's place before Friday. Angie told me not to be in the house" I told Kat over FaceTime from my spot on Donny's bed. "But I don't understand, why can't the police get involved?" Kat said frustrated. I huffed, "he's going to cheat the system like he does every time. It would be no use" I told her.

Donny came in the room with an ice pack and some numbing cream. He handed me the ice pack before gesturing for me to sit up.

"Put the ice pack on your cheek and I'll put the numbing cream for your back" he said lowly. I did what he asked and winced at the cold ice on pain filled cheek. Donny was rubbing the cream on my back as I half asses listened to Kat rant.

"Whats Angie gonna say when you get there?" She asked me and I shrugged. "I don't even think she's gonna be there. She's there now but I know she also works in Atlanta so I'm not sure who's greeting me" I told her.

Donny still didn't say anything but I could tell he was angry at the situation.

"Donny, please don't" I told him and he huffed, "I can't help it MJ, that dirty nigga bruised you. He should be in jail or dead" he gritted out. I wish that was an option but unfortunately it's not" I told him with a sad smile. "What about your dad?" Kat asked. I shook my head, "no, not an option. I will never ask that man for anything else" I told her firmly.

Trevante Jackson was a man you can never ask favors from. If you did, it was basically a death wish in repaying him back. He cut me some slack when I asked him since I am his oldest child. Plus, he's just now getting on his feet from almost loosing everything over the incident so I don't need him going back to jail for this small thing.

"I can't wait to hear what magic you make working in a real studio and not that worn down one. You gon be big like Dr. Dre and shit dummy" Kat gassed, shifting the conversation and I smiled thankfully. "Do Dre and Jay even like each other?" I asked. Donny shrugged, "I would say yeah since he wrote songs for Dre" he said.

When the conversation shifted, so did the energy. Donny wasn't as mad about the situation anymore and Kat wasn't trying to construct a manhunt to go and kill anyone.

I was content in this moment since I knew I wouldn't have to go back to the group home at least for a few months so I'm gonna make the best of it.

***
Time skip to Friday—BWI airport

"I'm gonna miss you so much" Kat said as she hugged me tightly and we rocked side to side. I squeezed her tight before letting her go. "So will I. I'll call you and Donny the second I land in LA, I promise" I told her as I moved to hug Donny. "If you meet Megan tell her to hit a nigga up" Donny said and I pushed him off of me in mild disgust.