2.

Julius POV

Tonight Bey and Jay had a dinner party to attend here in New York after her show. Bey made sure that I had a tuxedo prep for the dinner. She knows I'll throw on a tshirt and some jeans and call it a day.

As I waited for the Carter's to get ready; I made sure I had everything I needed for tonight. That typically consists of my flashlight, watch, wallet, phone, ID, and a gun if need be.

I've been working for Mrs. Carter for a very long time now. Since her solo career began. I practically watched her grow although we're around the same age. I'm 35 years old. Originally, Ms. Tina hired me for Bey but over the years we've grown to have an amazing friendship. We spend a lot of time together every single day, everyday of the week. I've witnessed Bey on her worse days. Here lately, she's been having a lot of those.

The driver pulled the car around and I checked everything out before making my way into the Carter's mansion.

I saw Mr. Carter taking a phone call so I just waited for Bey at the bottom of the stairs. I'm sure she's upstairs taking a few photos for her Instagram.

After awhile, I heard Bey yell from upstairs.

Bey- "Baby!"

I looked over at Jay Z. He hung up his phone before responding.

Jay- "Yea?!" He yelled.

Bey- "Come get in a few pictures really quick so we can go."

Jay sighed as he looked over at me and chuckled.

Jay- "Women."

I just smirked before focusing my attention back towards the door and checking the time.

Sometimes I feel as if Mr. Carter thinks I work for him; which is not the case at all. I've always worked for Beyonce, and Beyonce only. He tries to be my friend but I'm here to just do my job and go home whenever I can. Most times I stay in the guesthouse here on their property. If not the guesthouse; then at a hotel due to us being on the go often. I do have my own condo overlooking New York's skyline but like I said, I'm rarely there.

I noticed Bey and Jay walking downstairs hand in hand. She gave me her typical small smile. I returned it. She's happy. She's always happy when her husband is home or when they're spending time together. It's when he's away that she hurts the most. She tries to hide it, but I know.

Jay- "Okay, Julius. We're ready."

I looked over at Bey and she gave me a nod.

When Jay's around she isn't as goofy as she usually is. I feel like she thinks she can't be herself around him being that he is way older than her. But like I said, I'm here to do my job and that's it.

I guided the Carter's to the SUV and we got loaded in. The entire drive there was silent other than the soft music playing on the radio.

When we arrived to the party I got out first. Followed by Jay, and then Bey. I held out my hand for Bey as I blocked off the paps. She grasped it and I guided her inside the building.

Typically at functions like this I spend most of my time chatting it up with other bodyguards in the industry. It's hard to build relationships with other bodyguards due to many of them getting fired and replace. So far, I have one good partner and that's my boy Nelly. He's the bodyguard of Kelly Rowland and her family. He's been working for her for about 2 years and considering Kelly is Bey's best friend, he's always around.

Nelly- "Aye what's up J!"

We dapped each other up.

Me- "Nelly, my man. What's good."

Nelly- "Man you know the same ole same ole."

We took our places along the walls and watched the crowd.

Me- "How's the wife and kids?"

Nelly- "They're good, they're at home having pizza night. They're glad I'm in town for a while."

Me- "Really? How long?"

Nelly- "I believe a couple months. Mrs. Kelly has some work to get done here."

I nodded my head.

Nelly- "What about you? What's going on with you man?"

Me- "The same ole."

Nelly- "Still surviving off of ramen noodles?"

I chuckled.

Me- "You already know it."

Nelly- "Man J, you so caught up B's ass."

Me- "Aye man, I'm just doing my job."

Nelly- "Aye, and I understand that. But all these years later and you still single, no children. No nothing."

Me- "Man she's one of the busiest women in the world. I don't be having the time for nothing other than working."

Nelly- "You so much better than me."

He popped a piece of gum in his mouth.

Nelly- "I'm just saying man. I know you don't have any family and all but J you gotta create your own.  Look at them."

I looked over at the Carter's chatting it up with Kelly and her husband and other people in the industry.

Nelly- "That's their family."

I looked over at Nelly.

Me- "Can you shut up and do your job."

He held his hands up in defense mode.

Nelly- "Whatever man. Trying to tell you."

Towards the end of the night Bey looked over at me and I knew she was ready to go.

Me- "Ready?"

Bey- "Yes, but where's Jay?"

She looked around concerned.

Me- "I'll find him. Just wait here."

I searched the venue high and low for Mr. Carter. As soon as I was giving up, I walked by an empty room. I usually shine my flashlight in first but I'm glad I didn't. I saw him tonguing down some white woman. Luckily, I was able to step away without being heard. I made my way back to Bey and she looked at me like with an annoyed expression.

Bey- "Did you not find him Julius?"

Me- "I did, he said he'll be home a little later. He's having conversations with businessmen." I lied.

Bey- "Ok.. well. Let's go."

Bey held onto my arm as I walked her to the SUV. She smiled at a few camera before entering the vehicle. I got in after her.

The car ride was silent before she spoke.

Bey- "Juls."

Me- "Yes Mrs. Carter?" I looked over at her. She was looking out the window.

Bey- "Did I look alright tonight? Jay didn't compliment me.."

I cleared my throat.

Me- "I'm sorry to hear that Mrs. Carter. You looked beautiful."

She smiled a small smile before giving my arm a pat.

Bey- "Thank You Julius."

She never looked away from the window.

(A/N, guys, it's been awhile since I last posted let alone wrote a book. How is it so far? I'm really trying to get back into the swing of things. Vote, like and comment🫶

I also don't know why my photos aren't showing up! Definitely let me know if you guys can or can't see them.)