Chapter 49

Rescue Jimin [1]

After a grueling five-hour data analysis session, combing through security camera footage, they finally pinpointed the car's location. It's parked in a rundown area inhabited by the local mafia. Yoongi has a hunch about who they'll be dealing with. Since this isn't their turf and they're unfamiliar with the mafia operating here, they need to proceed with utmost caution. While he could handle it diplomatically, he's not willing to waste any time now. He's just waiting for his frontline team to arrive, scheduled for the first hour. Hoseok will be joining them too. Although he initially wanted to rush there immediately upon discovering the location, his best friend managed to stop him just in time. It was a close call, but for Jimin's safety, he needs to approach this situation rationally.

At 3 o'clock, Yoongi reluctantly settles into bed, expecting sleep to elude him once again. Surprisingly, sleep finds him sooner than he anticipated. For the first time in days, his mind is at ease knowing Jimin is alive and will soon be in his arms. Despite the nightmares that plague his rest, Yoongi manages to find some much-needed sleep, crucial for the challenges of the day ahead.

The ringing of his phone startles Yoongi awake. It's Hoseok calling to confirm their arrival. Ending the call, Yoongi rises from bed, the early morning light barely filtering through the windows. Knowing they need to act swiftly, he quickly showers and prepares for the day. Within thirty minutes, Hoseok arrives at the house, and without hesitation, they dive into strategizing their plan of action.

Hoseok's team consists of 25 members, all highly skilled in combat, weaponry and pulling up a disguise. Additionally, they have a backup team of 25 members, who are basically walking killing machines. Although they hope they won't need them, preferring not to take any chances. The primary plan is to infiltrate the area in disguise, quietly locating and extracting Jimin from the kidnappers without drawing attention. However, if this approach fails, they reluctantly resort to the secondary plan: eliminating any obstacles until they locate Jimin. Needless to say, they're eager to avoid executing the second plan at all costs.

After finishing breakfast, they're gearing up to leave. Yoongi is going over the crucial details one last time. They know they can't afford any slip-ups in their plan. It takes about two hours of driving to reach the other side of the island where their target is located. Upon arrival, they split into groups of five as previously arranged. The area is vast, with various markets, clubs, residential zones, and buildings controlled by the mafia. Finding their target amidst this complexity without proper intel is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. Their first task is to gather information. Two teams head into the markets, which may seem ordinary but are hubs for illegal activities, from drug trade to intel exchange. They'll discreetly inquire with the shopkeepers, leveraging their own methods. The remaining two teams, including Yoongi and Hoseok, head to the clubs. Though it's early for clubbing, there's already activity. These clubs serve as meeting spots for emerging gangs operating under bigger mafia umbrellas, lacking their own establishments. Extracting information from these individuals could be pivotal to their mission.

In places like this, everyone knows everyone else, so when outsiders like Yoongi, Hoseok, and their team enter the club, they draw attention. However, the newcomers act calmly, not giving away any signs of nervousness. Yoongi understands the importance of being extra cautious; any misstep could jeopardize their mission. After settling at a few tables, they order drinks, following the lead of those already imbibing, aiming to blend in seamlessly. As rounds of drinks flow, someone finally begins to share the crucial information they seek. Apparently, a visitor from Seoul arrived the previous evening, with ties to the area's largest gang. No one dared to inquire further, especially considering he had an unconscious young man with him, suggesting possible kidnapping. Currently, they are holed up in the mafia-controlled building within the residential area, although the exact location remains unknown. With the necessary intel obtained, Yoongi signals for everyone to leave the premises. Their next objective: rescuing Jimin from the lion's den.

The entire team convenes on the highway, understanding the risk of gathering in one place. The team that scouted the market has pinpointed Jimin's exact location. A supplier of daily essentials overheard cries for help while delivering goods to the building that morning. Yoongi's anger flares at the thought of someone harming Jimin, fueling his determination to take swift and severe action against those responsible.

Utilizing his connections, Yoongi delves deeper into the big mafia group's background, discovering their staunch refusal to cooperate due to a longstanding rivalry. With negotiations unlikely to succeed, they prepare to implement plan B: a full-scale assault. Calling in backup, they brace themselves for confrontation. While they'll attempt negotiation first, Yoongi remains convinced that lethal force may be inevitable to secure Jimin's safety.

They plan to strike in the early hours of the day when security is lax, but first, they must attempt negotiation. Despite Yoongi's protests, Hoseok insists on taking on this risky task, citing Yoongi's role as the gang leader and the need for his leadership during the operation. Reluctantly, Yoongi relents, knowing that if Hoseok is captured, they'll mount a rescue mission. After lunch, Hoseok departs once more, equipped with a communication device with a one-hour window for signaling before they initiate action.

As evening falls and no signal is received, they understand it's time to act. Now, all they can do is wait.

Sitting in the car, Yoongi reflects, "This will be the last time someone harms you. Though I failed before, once I have you back, no one will ever take you from me again. But will you be able to trust me after all of this?"
Please be safe, my love.

❄️❄️❄️❄️

Writing this chapter was a challenge for me as I am not good at action scene. Please forgive me if you find it boring. And if you like it a tiny bit please vote and comment something as it give me motivation. Love you guys, bye.❤️