Chapter 4: Roses Pt 1

Astro told me everything. He taught me how to unlock the secret passageways, how to get in and out without being caught, and more. All of which he told me so that we could cause mischief together. I mean, we're two 16 year old boys, why wouldn't we want to start a little trouble.

I'm a horrible liar, I think I should start off with that. I can't tell an obvious lie. I can do things like say "I'm fine" when I'm not. And "Nothing happened" when something did. But saying that no one told me anything. Saying that I know nothing, and I don't know what to tell you. That's what I'm bad at. I fidget with my rings and I can't make eye contact. Being a bad liar is both a blessing and a curse... mainly a curse.

So with that information, it's safe to assume that my father knew exactly how I worked. He knew how to get the truth out. He knew how to make me do things. He knew what made me tick. He was manipulative like that. He still is.

I couldn't lie to him, so I told him. I told him as little as I could, but even a little is still enough. I didn't know what he was planning, but I knew something was up. Something that wasn't good in the slightest. And that made me uneasy.

Unfortunately enough, Astro could read me like a book. Over the past two days he's gotten really good at that.

"Are you sure nothing's up?" He asked me for what felt like the 15th time that day.

"Positive. I'm fine." I responded, trying to keep emotion out of my tone. In reality, I was a mess. How could I do this to the one person who understood me? What kind of person did that make me?

"Whatever you say, hun."

"Hun?"

"Well, we're kinda being forced to be married. Might as well get used to having to be all lovey dovey." He shrugged.

That gave me a warm feeling in my chest. I liked knowing that he was fine with this. I was getting used to the idea of having a boyfriend, but a fiance...a husband. It was crazy. Fun, but crazy.
"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"So, my sweet fiance-to-be, do you wanna see something cool?" The messy haired boy asked with that grin of his. I swear he has a smile that can light up an entire village.

"You bet I do." I laughed a little and stood up from my seat on his bed.

"Awesome!" He hopped up and practically dragged me out of the room. I simply followed. That's all I could really do.

He pulled me out of the castle and towards what would be considered the back yard. The second we reached the back I stopped in my tracks.

"Woah..."