Chapter 10

'Dad...What are you doing here?'

'I figured you needed some help'

'No, I...Don't actually'

'A grandson'

'Granddaughter, actually'

'But you painted the room blue'

'Her name is Blue, so...And either way, color doesn't define sex.'

'Blah, blah, blah, you and your feminist shit...Ever since you were a kid. A strong black beautiful woman you've become'

'Such a shame you didn't see the transformation, uh dad?'

'I chose not to'

'Do you regret it?'

'You brought it on yourself.'

'You pulled my mother and my sister away from me! You made me marry a horrible person! Just so you could get rid of me'

'You knew too much'

'Knew too much? That you had another family? That's what I knew! That you cheated on mom all these years...I was gonna tell her.'

'See? I couldn't let that happen'

'So you drove away your daughter, you have no heart whatsoever' He sighed and got up from the chair he was sitting, I was already crying, I haven't seen my dad in years and I know he is here to help Lyndell.

'Honeybee, I have always loved you and I always will' He said as he kissed my forehead 'And I knew the best for you, I still do and the best for you is for you to come back to Lyndell...This Shawn guy cannot afford to keep you and a child, he works in a fabric, Lyndell owns companies.'

'How many times do I have to tell you that I DON'T DEPEND ON MAN? I can get a job, I CAN afford my child and this house! I don't need him, I don't WANT him and you can't force me'

'I can't...but he CAN'

'Dad, no, please, you don't understand! He's gonna lock me up! Probably kill my child..'

'But you can defend yourself! You are independent now, aren't you?!'

'That had nothing to do with it! Physically he's stronger than me!'

'And that is why man rule the world!'

'No everything is taken by force or by money! And you know that! Just because you got your way now by threatening, beating, because your physically strong, doesn't mean that you always will! You are getting old dad, what then? What will you do to control people around you?'

'While I'm still young and with my strength, I'll do what I have to' He said as he grabbed my arm really strong 'The rest...I'll figure out later. Let's go!' He said as he dragged me down the stairs, I was screaming and fighting, this reminded me when I was a little girl, he would always drag me somewhere so I'd do what he wanted, but not this time. Mrs. Lomax was standing in front of us with a baseball bat, ready to strike. 'Ooh, you got yourself a bodyguard!' My dad said laughing

'No, I'm her bodyguard!' Said a familiar voice behind us

'SHAWN! Oh thank God, I thought...' And then I started crying so much I couldn't finish the sentence.

'Let her go!' Shawn said ignoring my sobs 'Now, old man!'

'Old man? I'm her FATHER! If you want to be with her, you might want to impress...'

'HA HA, dad, tell another joke, ok? I don't need your approval! Or anyone's for that matter!'

'You stay away from her! You are not her father, you are a shameful man, full of sorrow and regret in your heart' Mrs. Lomax finally spoke.

'You stay out of this you old brat'

'Don't talk to her like that!' I said defending her, suddenly we all started fighting and screaming at each other, it was a huge confusion

'EVERYBODY QUIET NOW!' Shawn spoke, we all shut up and looked at him

'Look, ''sir'', Let go of her or I'll kill, I'm not kidding'

'Oh, you love her then?' My father said

'Very much, both of them' He pointed at my belly 'And if anything happens to them, I'll kill you and that little piece of shit that is after her' My father didn't have anything to say for a while, just kept his grip on my arm

'Ok, then...' He sighed 'I didn't want to do this but...' I heard 3 guns shots, I immediately grabbed my belly to protect my baby, I couldn't see much about what happened cuz my dad was already dragging me outside.

'NOO! SHAWN! MRS. LOMAX! WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU KILLED THEM! YOU KILLED THEM!' I screamed as I looked back and saw blood and both bodies laying down on the floor.

------------------------------------------

Ok Y'all I'm sorry this was short, but...Well it's full of action! I hope you like it!

Don't forget to vote and comment

Empowerement to y'all

XO

The Bodyguardजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें