a problem in the dungeon

After meeting laruciel again mavien had finally decided he would have to find mil his ego sword, mil had many abilities and knowledge so he knew finding her would be the best course of action as he helped some villagers move some stuff into a house since the villagers would need to stay within the village until the dungeon was cleared the soldiers/knights and mercenaries were tasked with helping the villagers move food and water into their homes for the meantime while laruciel talked to captain illois about what they would be doing in the dungeon and how laruciel would be taking the lead since he was the strongest among them, once mavien finished helping the villagers he went to find Luke who was playing with some children Luke being considered the most cheerful and energetic was tasked with distracting the children so the adults could move around faster without worrying about a child going into the forest specially now that any animal or monster that may have gone into hiding from the orcs could potentially be out and hunting, "need any help?" Mavien asked Luke with a smile as Luke had his armour off he carried two kids with his tail like some sort of carnival ride another kid on his shoulder and one was swinging from his arm while he used magic to create bubbles and figures for the children to play children ran around trying to catch them while Luke smiled having a little bit of fun but also tired from all the movement and use of magic at the same time "i-i could definitely use some help around here, it would be greatly appreciated" Luke said smiling gratefully at mavien, mavien smiled as he took off his armour since the armour could be dangerous for the children and now just wore his trousers and black long sleeve turtle neck shirt and boots just like Luke, he smiled and held his hands up closing his eyes before animal figures made from flames appeared then water enveloped them mavien smiled as Luke sighed in relief making the ones he himself had created that were just magic bubbles disappear mavien then used air magic to make some of the kids that were running around levitate in the air the kids yelled and laughed clearly having fun as Luke let go of the kids he was holding with his tail and put them down so they could go to play with the other children, mavien smiled controlling the glowing figures with his hands like puppets "that tired?" Mavien asked Luke "yup...where did laru go anyways?" Luke asked mavien "he's talking with the captain about what his place will be in the dungeon raid..." Mavien answered Luke honestly, Luke was in shock but nodded clearly surprised as the two remaining children that were with Luke also ran off to play with the other kids Luke was relieved and sta on the ground mavien remained standing continuously changing the animal figures for the kids "I hope it's not a high ranking dungeon..." Luke said "me too...I just hope laruciel will be enough to help us in the dungeon considering..." Mavien stopped talking gritting his teeth as he remembered how dungeons didn't just have monsters but also traps and sometimes even illusions and mazes, mavien closed his eyes and sighed knowing it would be hard if the dungeon was any higher then C rank since laruciel could beat C rank and below with his current strength and mavien could handle orcs and goblins on his own but anything higher would be hard, specially if they had to constantly order knights and maybe even mercenaries into doing things, "mavien?" Luke asked mavien worried "I-its nothing...I'm sure everything will be just fine...how about you go get some candies from my bag for the children?" Mavien said to Luke, Luke nodded feeling it odd for mavien to share his candy with anyone considering it was the one thing mavien didn't share with anyone, Luke got up and left to where mavieb left his bag which was a simple leather bag with a water skin a knife and some dry meat and candy he got the candy and came back to lavien who was still playing with the children now the children were playing with small golems made from rock and dirt mavien had created for the children to play with so mavien could begin making an emergency plan in case he needed to get everyone out of the dungeon obviously he would tell only laruciel about it since laruciel had the rememberance skill and followed the god of darkness darvel and the goddess of magic maivio so he knew his chants and skills would be useful in the case they needed to evacuate the dungeon if it was too dangerous for them, if an unexpected situation occured then they would be able to hopefully make it out alive and survive "mavien!" Luke called out to lavien who was lost in thought "mavien!?" Luke yelled again before trying to hit mvien, mavien caught Luke's hand but was then smacked by Luke's tail mavien blinked confused his head aching from the smack "what?" Mavien asked Luke "you alright? What were your thinking so hard about that you ignored me?" Luke asked mavien "ohh..I guess my thoughts just overwhelmed me..." Mavien said and smiled apologetically "well...I got the candy" Luke sighed giving mavien the candy, mavien smiled "and obviously your not good in the head right now! Did you get any sleep last night?" Luke asked mavien, he chuckled and gave the candy to the kids "kinda? I was just...thinking about what could happen in the dungeon is all...I just hope everything goes well" mavien sighed "aren't we the same age? We are both eighteen right?" Luke asked mavien, mavien stopped for a second and nodded "so how is it that only I'M the one being childish still? Everything will be fine I mean I know we have an important job and all...but let go for a bit I mean the subjugation of the dungeon isn't till tomorrow right? So how about you have a little fun with he kids for today and stay positive?" Luke suggested to Mavien and smiled brightly "just let go for a while and stop stressing out! Or else you'll get wrinkles at 18!" Luke said teasingly to lavien poking his cheek before pushing him onto he ground and running away, mavien blinked before laughing deciding to listen to Luke this time and chase him joining Luke and the kids and beginning to play with them.