Chapter '4

"Home"

✧˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ♡

˖°ʚ 🎆 ɞ

The next time Wanderer woke up, Wu Ming started to explain everything he needed to know about this world.

Even when Wu Ming wasn't using their quirk, they were still exceptionally smart, "We're gonna need a cover-up for you, specifically a quirk."

Wanderer had already thought about that before and decided to just go with his Vision, "I want my quirk to be Anemo."

"I thought you were quirkless?"

"You never asked."

Wu Ming thought, 'so immature.' Even if they weren't that mature themselves. Wu Ming obviously wanted to ask more about his quirk but just focused on putting his name and info into the documents. After a few more minutes, Wu Ming finally put his tablet down. "All set! And we found a caretaker for you~"

Wanderer arched his eyebrow, "and who might that be?"

Before Wu Ming could say their name, someone with a pipe for a face came in. Wu Ming spread their arms out as an introduction.

"Let me introduce to you Lunch Rush!!"

Quirk: Culinary FlashDescription: allows him to manipulate time when cooking, speeding up the cooking process to create gourmet meals quickly

Description: allows him to manipulate time when cooking, speeding up the cooking process to create gourmet meals quickly.
Drawbacks:the quirk can cause strain on his body and mind, leading to exhaustion and mental fatigue with overuse.

Wanderer knows that there are a ton of weird mutation quirks out there, but this one was interesting to say the least.

"You're lucky that a Pro Hero wanted to take you in," Wu Ming said smugly.

"I'm sorry but he's a hero..?" Wanderer asked since he didn't really believe it. Lunch Rush was visibly hurt but shrugged it off.

In an upbeat tone he said, "I'm the Cook Hero! Its true I may be the outlier when it comes to Pro Heroes, but I assure you I am one!"

Wu Ming dropped their hands and explained what would happen to Wanderer, "he already knows everything so yoy don't have to keep anything a secret. In the afternoon we'll discharge you so that you'll be able to live with him for the time being!"

Wanderer nodded. He didnt really care since the guy genuinely seemed pretty chill.

As promised he was discharged and shortly after, he arrived at the Lunch Rush' house. To say that the house was different was an understatement.

Wanderer noticed tons of people surrounding the van

Wanderer noticed tons of people surrounding the van. He looked at Lunch Rush with some confusion but he immediately explained it for him.

"I forget to mention this, but in the summer I run a business!! I like to cook for people so I opened this mini hang out place for my neighbours," he explained. Wanderer really did have nothing but respect for the man. Cooking was also his trademark afterall.

"but why only in the summer?" He felt like he needed to ask. The business seemed to run very well, so why would he limit himself to only working for 4 months every year?

"I work at UA, i cook for all the students so i don't really have time to keep this place running all year," he explained.

Wanderer tilted his head and looked at lunch rush, "UA? Whats that?"

"Ah, its a hero school! Actually the top hero school around! The entrance exams should be near so I might have to get working again!"

Wanderer looked a little surprise that someone like lunch rush was interested on "adopting" him.

"Well, would you like to start unpacking?"

When Wanderer got to his room he was surprise at how his room had so much open sunlight. Even if he was living in the attic of the "cottage" it still had a nice, clean, and cozy finish. When we walked over to the triangle window, he could see the food van. Wanderer was used to a more traditional room, but he didn't mind living in this aesthetic one bit.

"I'll cook something up for you downstairs! For now you can rest up and unpack," he said happily while slowly closing the door.

Once he had left, Wanderer sighed. He took a moment to feel the sunlight peeking through the window and really thought about the situation he was in. At first it didn't really sink in, but now that he was finally alone with his thoughts, he realized that he had missed Nahida.

But he pushed those thoughts away and started to unpack like the man suggested, even if the only thing he had to unpack were his clothes.

Wanderer stretched and placed his hands on his hips as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. ' That should do it..' he thought. Now that he finally finished, he realized that the sun was no longer up. Instead, the only thing coming from the window was moonlight. He yawned quietly as he opened the door and headed out his room to eat dinner.

Before he even finished talking the stair down, he could already smell the delicious food coming from the dining table. Yoshino noticed him coming down and invited him to sit. When he looked out another window he noticed that all the customers had already left, but he was too busy with unpacking that he didn't even notice.

Soon after, a plate was brought infront of him and it smelled even more delicious. He could already feel his mouth watering just from the sight of it. All Wanderer used to eat back at Teyvat were congee, wontons, or rice cakes. The dish infront of him however, was completely different from what he had back home.

"What is this called?" Wanderer asked while picking up the fork to start eating.

"It's Spaghetti! It's a simple dish but I think n you'll enjoy it," he replied back with a warm tone.

The moment Wanderer took a bite, the flavour burst into his mouth. He couldn't help but make a satisfied sound as he ate more. He might have a stingy personally, but he couldn't deny if a dish tasted good. Unconsciously, he started to smile while eating.

'I think I'll be fine,' he thought as he ate more of the dish. Yoshino noticed how happy he looked and just smiled to himself while washing the dishes.

Words... 1032
[April 30, 2024]