Sneaking Past Mom And Grandpa

(Night Time)
(Evy's Room)

Colt quietly walks into his sister's room and gently shakes her to try and wake her up.

Evy: mm..m..

*Swats his hands away*

Colt: Evy wake up

Evy mumbles in her sleep slowly waking up with messy bed hair.

Evy: Colt ?..

*Covers her mouth so that they're not too loud*

Colt: shhh not so loud.. did you forget why we were planning ?

*Evy remembers and mumbles in his hand nodding*

Evy gets out of bed grabbing the gun and adjusts the hat on her head giving a thumbs up in the mirror.

Minutes later both and outside their mom's room to get the master key card.

Colt: this is going to be a bit tricky

Evy: we'll be fine just going to sneak in and grab it not too hard

*Colt tries to say something but Evy puts her finger on his lip*

Evy: that's rhetorical question Colt. Now let's get the key and go

He nods and watches his sister open the door a little and uses her tail to try and grab the key card.

Colt: a little to the left. No right

Evy: shush ! I got it

*Her tail bites on to the key loop and quietly pulls it out of their mom's room*

Colt quietly closes the door so that their mom wouldn't wake up and the both of them head out fast before they're caught.

(WDF Hallway)

The twins walk down the frozen hallway and make sure that there's no one else around seeing the second of the 3 doors are seeing it closed.

Evy: okay are we going to do is go through three doors before anybody comes back

Colt: easier said than done

*Evy walks over to the control pad with the key card*

The door opens when she presses the key card on the control pad but once the first door opens and it reveals a drone on the other side causing the twins eyes to go wide because they know who it is it's none other than their.. grandpa..

*Khan stands there with his arms crossed looking at his grandkids*

*Both twins have sweat marks form on their screens*

Evy: oh crap..

Colt: heyyy.. Grandpa..

Khan: And where might you both be off to this late at night ?.. and does your mother know you both are here ?..

*The twins nervously look at their grandpa trying to come up with an excuse.*

Evy: would you believe that we were about to commit arson ?

Colt: for that we wanted to see our favorite grandparent ?

*Khan lets out a big laug.*

Khan: but seriously though.. and I'm your only grandparent..

Evy: ugghh.. fine you caught us. We were going to measure the mechanisms of door one because it's a project we're working on for school !

Colt: Yeah the teacher said come up with a design or something and we decided on a big old door just like the one you built Grandpa

*Khan looks at them a little shocked*

Evy: We want to show how cool the doors are built and how they've kept us safe for years.

*Both twins laugh nervously*

Khan: well when you build doors so good.

* Khan turns away from the twins and caresses the door like it's a puppy*

Khan: good door~ good door~

*He then turns back to them with a smile on his face*

Khan: theirs no need to fight or fear of the dangers outside. Colt, Evy this is amazing news !

*reaches for a wrench behind his back*

Khan: here the ranch I used to tighten the bolts on my first door prototypes. I try to give it to your guys's mother but she didn't want it but also.- to put your grandmother out of her misery when the murder drones got to her with their nanite acid !.. I want you both to have it.

Khan hands the wrench to Colt and the twins share a look with each other.

*They both sent a whisper while Khan is really happy*

Evy: I can see why mom doesn't let him come over all that much..

Colt: Yeah..

Khan opens the second door leading the twins towards door one.

He walks over to the keypad and unlocks the first door. As it opens up and blows a massive amount of wind and snow flying into the bunker.

Khan: make sure you're back in time and if you see a murder drone get inside fast

Evy: Ughh Grandpa we're not dronelings anymore we can handle ourselves..

Khan: I know but you guys are my grandkids will always be little dronelings to me

Evy lets out a groan and starts walking ahead with her brother following behind Both twins walk out with the big door closing behind them.

Khan: they grow up so fast. They are just like Uzi when she was younger

* He removes his mustache while smiling.*

But unaware that two other drones were down the hallway one with pink eyes and the other one with rose red eyes seeing the twins leaving the bunker..

(To be continued)