Chapter 6| Inspection

*Narrators Pov*

9:00 am

Everyone looked at door as they heard it open, revealing their new co-worker, Natan with visible fatigue in his face. Its not like they're judging him by how he looks but instead they are concerned. Concerned for how they know the fact that time for them is really important and every single second matters. In Natan's condition, he already wasted a lot of it by being late. They knew how cruel their boss is when it comes to late employees...

What they didn't know is that their boss have some sort of... favoritism

*Natans Pov*

"I haven't been getting proper sleep this past few days and its really damaging my work and perosonal schedule..." Natan said in his mind as he sat down on his desk.

"I want to quit this job already." Natan added as he opened his computer and started working.

After a few minutes has passed and Natan remained focused on the work he's doing until he felt a hand on his shoulder making him look behind to see his friend, Xander. He's honestly glad that it was Xander and not any other person in the company... Especially "him."

"Are you okay Natan? Are you even getting proper sleep or eating on the right time?" Xander asked Natan with a sign of concern in his voice and tone.

"Yeah I'm okay, I just did a lot of stuffs yesterday. Don't worry..." Natan replied as he turned back to his computer and continued typing.

Xander just signed as he took his hand off Natan's shoulder and said "Sure if you say so"

Xander was about to walk away until he remembered something that he was supposed to tell Natan

"Oh I forgot to tell you, the boss is going around our workplace later to check how we're doing. Don't worry, he wont take that long... Well I hope." Xander said as he continued to walked away.

Meanwhile, Natan froze in place as he heard what Xander just said. Their boss... was going to check how THEY'RE doing later... his strict boss... his former lover.

"No... That cant be! He cant go in here... I... I don't want to see him..." Natan spoke in his mind as he tried to refocus on his work and became unsuccessful.

*Narrators Pov*

A few minutes has passed and the sound of the door opening and footsteps walking makes everyone stood up from their seat as if they're waiting for someone. A bunch of men's in black and white lined up left and right with just enough space in the middle to walk through. Everyone is ready to greet their boss... except for Natan who remained sitting on his chair ignoring his co-workers telling him to stand up and greet their boss. Natan is just too anxious.

Just a few seconds passed, another pair footsteps silenced everyone. A white haired man in a suit with a coat hanging on his shoulders. Everyone greeted him while bowing his head as he walked straight in their workplace, his eyes looking straight ahead as if he's not interested in anything... until he walked through a guy who remained sitting in his seat. He stopped walking to look at the guy who seemed to be nervous.

"Get back to work" the man said in his neutral emotionless tone as he remained standing behind their new employee.

As everyone heard this, they immediately sat down their seat and continue whatever they're doing in silence. The only sound that can heard is Natan's deep breaths as he continued to do whatever he is doing.

*Aamon's Pov*

"So he's just planning to ignore me then? I can deal with that." Aamon said in his mind as he continued to stand behind him while looking at him.

The whole place is silent, everyone is curious about what's happening between their new co-worker and their boss yet no one dares to look away from their own works.

Aamon then suddenly leaned down over Natan's shoulder to have a better view of Natan's work... Perhaps it actually Natan's face that he wants to have a good look at. He can clearly see how anxious his former lover is.

After a while, the silence was broken as Natan spoke, making everyone gasp with what he said.

"Please leave me alone, Aamon." Natan said in a cold tone as he glared at Aamon.

As Aamon heared this, he immediately stood up straight and spoke, "Very well then." Aamon said as he walked away making everyone shock.

Did Natan just tell the boss to leave him alone?

Did Natan just call the boss in his real name?!?

Did Natan just talked back to the most feared man in his work?!

How come the boss didn't get mad?!?

Why did the boss just did what Natan told him?!?

What is going on between those two?!?

These questions filled everyone's mind as they look at their boss who's currently walking away.

Aamon was about to leave when he suddenly heard a voice from behind making him stop on his track

"Hey sir!! I'm really sorry about my friend Natan's behavior. He's just shy and likes to be alone most of the Time thats why he probably said that... I'm really sorry sir..." A guy named Xander said as he obviously full of concern towards his friend.

Aamon didn't bother to turn around and continued to walk away with a clenched fist.

(Jealous Aamon?)