Rudra's Wrath

Rudra POV -

I finished the Pooja and made my way back to my chamber. Rajkumarisa looked upset....I wanted to know why, but I couldn't ask her properly with everyone present in the Mandir. I silently made a note to ask her. I couldn't stand a line of pain or misery on her beautiful face.....if it meant I had to take on the whole world, I'd do it in a jiffy, just to see her happy. With these thoughts I got ready. I wore a yellow Kurta and a dhoti. I tied my kamarbandh and secured my dagger there. I looked at myself in the mirror. The tied hair didn't suit the ensemble, I decided to undo the bun and let my short hair flow freely. Contended, I walked towards the door and was about to open it when I heard Bhadra and Kritika talking.....

Simha....no Kritika... It's not the time now....yet. I stopped in my tracks when I heard Bhadra take my name.....I didn't open the door, I stood rooted right behind the door, listening to them. There was something Bhadra was keeping from me... But what?

Are you sure Bhadra? We need to tell Kunwarisa....I don't think it's good to keep it from her for long....now that Rajkumari Saudamini also has voiced her fears, Kritika sounded worried. But what worried me more was the mention of Saudamini's fears. I frowned. What was happening?!!!

No way Kritika. You've seen Simha right....she's bound by Ranasa's honour to not harm Arjan. Else he would've been dead by now, Bhadra sounded stressed. Saudamini.....me.....Arjan....what the hell were they talking about?? And what has happened..... That might compel me to harm Arjan fatally. I controlled the impulse to stone out and confront them, but I decided against it. They might not tell the truth if I did that.

But, Bhadra.....I still think we should.... Kritika tried convincing Bhadra but he cut her short.

Tell what Kritika? That Arjan cornered Rajkumarisa and misbehaved with her?Grasped her arm aggressively .... Trying to get her to talk to him!!!If Simha gets to know about it, she won't spare a thought before punishing him, Bhadra revealed. My eyes widened with shock and in a second, anger courses through my veins.... My blood boiled. I wanted to break that bastard's hands for touching my Damini!!! I banged open the door and stepped out huffing angrily. Bhadra and Kritika were taken aback by my sudden appearance.

How can you keep such an incident  secret from me Bhadra!!!! How dare you!! I thundered. He flinched, fear evident in his eyes. He looked down guiltily. I looked angrily at Kritika and Bhadra, both hung their heads.

When did this happen!!? I demanded!! He looked at me apprehensively and muttered, more than a week ago....

MORE THAN A WEEK!! WHAT THE HELL BHADRA!!! YOU OF ALL PEOPLE KNOW WHAT A SCUM ARJAN IS. STILL YOU CHOSE TO KEEP IT A SECRET FROM ME!! I shouted and glared at him. He hung his head down again.

Simha....I handled it.... She's alright.... He trailed off.

That's not the point Bhadra!!! What if something bad had happened to the Princess. I would've died!! And how sure are you that he won't make a move on her again.  I questioned him angrily.

Simha. Trust me... She's like a sister to me. I would never let anything happen to her.... He tried pacifying me gently but my head was not in the right place.

I couldn't risk you hurting Arjan.... Now when we..... He trailed off, indicating towards the secret mission we were undertaking to foil his plans. I glared at him. My mind made sense of his logic.... But my heart wasn't ready to accept it. The thought of her getting hurt due to Arjan... Under my watch was enough to scare me.

Anger rushed into my very nerves. I took a few deep breaths.... Still angry.... But rational....

Next time.... Anything like this happens with her, you come straight to me and report it to me. You will not keep such things a secret from me, you understand Veerbhadra? Telling this in a stern low voice.... I took a menacing step towards him and he gulped. He nodded in affirmation. I glared at him for a few moments, collecting my thoughts, I huffed and took a step back. He exhaled a relief.