⩩ 14

━━━━⊱❀ • ❀⊰━━━━

In another part of Haein's neighborhood, Beomja's heavy knock echoed through the doorway of Yeri's home

In another part of Haein's neighborhood, Beomja's heavy knock echoed through the doorway of Yeri's home. Her, upon seeing her neighbor through the peephole, let out a resigned sigh.

"What do you want?" she asked, her tone betraying a hint of annoyance.

Beomja's gaze was piercing as she met her eyes. "What do I want? No, what do you want? Are you happy?" she countered, her words laden with accusation.

Yeri furrowed her brow in confusion. "I don't understand," she admitted, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

Beomja's intensity grew as she broached the topic of the rift between her brother and his daughter. "You separated my brother and his daughter. Are you happy?"

The red head gestured for Beomja to come inside, seeking to discuss the matter away from prying eyes. However, Beomja remained rooted to the spot, unwilling to relent. Her frustration spilled over as she told Yeri about Haein's current situation.

She listened attentively, her expression a mix of concern and perplexity. Beomja's revelation about her maid witnessing Haein's mistreatment added a sobering weight to her accusations.

Before she could formulate a response, Beomja abruptly turned on her heel and left, her departure leaving a lingering tension in the air.

Yeri's fingers trembled as she typed out the message to Minho, her heart heavy with indecision. « It's over between us don't ever call me again. »

With a hesitant tap, she sent the text into the digital void, a weight lifting from her shoulders even as uncertainty gnawed at her.

Haein trudged back to her room, her steps heavy with exhaustion. After placing the chair back in its spot, she sighed heavily and surveyed the room. She scrutinized her hands, worn from the day's cleaning, then glanced at her disheveled appearance.

Taking a deep breath, she murmured to herself, "Don't give up, Haein. You'll tear this house down and rebuild if it takes everything you have. But you have to stay here until your dad leaves Yeri."

Her resolve firm, she turned her attention to the bed where she spotted the dress Soomin had laid out for her. Its floral patterns clashed with her taste, and the cheap material made her cringe.

"What the hell is this? I can't wear it, ew,"

"Haein your sweet mommy is here."

Haein's fingers tightened around the doorknob as Soomin's voice pierced through the silence. Reluctantly, she opened the door, revealing Soomin's stern expression.