The begining of the end.

He didn't get it.

Dib just didn't get it. How could none of his classmates see that there was a real, live alien sitting amongst them?

Dib was going to make them see. He was going to make them all see.

He still believes he could make it happen. Even if after four years Dib was the only one who knew. Even if at seventeen, he still was as close to exposing the Irken as he was when the thing first arrived.

Dib groaned and pulled the pen he had been chewing on out of his mouth and set it down on his desk, which was a mess. He hated when it got this way, because it messed with his OCD. He had so many late assignments to work on that he'd lost count. Dib was too busy trying to stop Zim's evil plans to ever finish any of his work, and about all of his teachers hated him.

"Dibert." Dib looked up to the front of the room, where the voice had come from, and his teacher was sitting at his desk, looking right at him.

"Yes?" Dib asked. It wasn't unusual for Dib's teachers to call him up to their desk. It was probably for missed assignments, another failed test, or just telling him to pay attention in class.

His teacher gestured for Dib to come to her desk. The old lady always reminded Dib of his elementary teacher. They wore similar outfits, they were both probably born before Dib's father was born, but their personalities where entirely different. While Miss Bitters seemed to hate everything and every one, Miss Scott loved her job and her students.

Dib stood up and made his way to the front of the classroom, his long, black coat draped behind him like a cape. His sister had told him to throw the thing out years ago, and eventually when it was clearly getting too small, she threw it out herself. But of course, Dib just bought an identical one in his size. It was the same cost he'd worn since elementary skool. The rest of his outfit hadn't changed much either, other than changing to black ripped jeans and wearing some chains. He had gotten his ears pierced his freshman year, and currently wore two black helix earrings and a dangling UFO earring.

When he made it to the teacher's desk, she leaned forward in her chair and passed him a paper. It was their last test which Dib had failed, as usual.

"You need to get your grades up or you will fail this class, Dib. If you fail, you'll have to take my class again." She said. Dib nodded.

"I know." He responded. He took the paper and stuffed it in his pocket as he turned to his seat.

He heard someone snicker, and turned to Zim. Zim. His stupid grin made Dib's blood boil. One day Dib would wipe that smirk right off his face and--

"Please sit down, Dib." To which, he nodded and sat down. Zim was now full on laughing, and Dib bit his cheek, stopping himself from insulting that slimy freak.

Somewhere around his Junior year he got obsessed with pastel cartoons, like Hello Kitty, which was the theme of his hoodie. Zim had clearly just thrown it over his old uniform, because he never changed his boots or tights, and Dib could see the collar sticking out of the hoodie.

After what felt like an eternity later, it was really only two minutes, the bell finally rung. Students all around Dib started filling out of the door, while Dib scrambled to get his things together. He shoved papers and books carelessly in his bag and turned to leave. He stopped before even passing the desk beside him though to watch Zim and the teacher talking in the hallway. The door to the classroom was open, so Dib could hear them perfectly.

"Zim. Your relationship ship with Dib is getting out of hand. Whatever you two do off of skool grounds is none of my business, but I believe whatever it is is distracting Dib from his work." Miss. Scott said.

"Relationship? What kind of relationship would I have with that filthy human?" Zim asked, his arms folded over his chest.

Miss. Scott sighed. "Well, Zim, I believe would too are dating. And it is clearly distract--"

Zim cut his teacher off with a loud gasp. "ME? DATING that disgusting human worm!?" Zim asked loudly. He stepped back from the teacher dramatically. "How disgusting!" He claimed, but his face turned a light blue.

Dib swallowed. Him? Dating Zim? Ha. Yeah, right. Although the thought should disgust Dib as well, he felt his face flush. Maybe that isn't such a bad idea, Dib thought. Then shook his head. What was he thinking? He would never have feelings for Zim. And he would certainly never date him.

Just as Miss. Scott opened her mouth to speak, there was a loud crash outside. Dib and the others turned to the window immediately. Zim ran into the classroom to get a closer look.

Dib's eyes wided. Was that...? It couldn't be...

"That's... That's an Irken ship..." Dib could hear Zim mutter to himself. Dib turned to him, and there wasn't a trace of blue in his face anymore. If anything, his face had lost color.

Dib turned back to the window, and sure enough, Zim was right. It looked just like Zim's ship. Could Tak be back? No... Dib stole her ship, it couldn't be her. Could it?

The two boys watched as the Irken stepped out of her blue ship and out of the smoke. He looked nothing like Tak. He was much taller than Zim, but not as tall as The Tallest. His big blue eyes stared right into Zim's. He grinned at the other Irken.

"Zim..." He hissed.

Dib turned to Zim, who now looked totally calm. Only a bit confused as he opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry, who the hell are you supposed to be?"