Partners

"So now what?" Dib asked. He looked around Zim's lab with a look of pure awe. He had only been in here once, and it was a short visit to plant his cameras.

A few moments ago, Zim had given Dib an earpiece, so that they could hear each other when they were apart. It was basically undetectable if you weren't looking for it. Dib tapped it to turn it on and test it, but there was a loud ringing noise since they were in the same room, so he turned it off.

The lab was huge, much bigger than it was before, and in the middle of the room was a thick pillar with three large screens on each of it's four sides. The floor was made of grey concrete and was covered in scraps and unfinished or broken inventions, the same covered the walls.

Zim sighed, he was crawling around the lab with his PAK legs and tinkering with several inventions. He was out of disguise and his antennae were down behind his head. His vivid pink eyes darted around the room. "Uh. I have something in here... Somewhere..."

Dib turned to what looked like a brown stuffed bear. He picked it up and squeezed it, legs that looked just like Zim's PAK legs shot out from it's back and jumped at Dib. Before he even got the chance to dodge it, Zim's PAK legs sliced right through it's face.

"Aw, you do care about me." Dib joked, dropping the bear and turning to Zim.

Zim's face turned a light blue and he gagged dramatically. "Zim cares about no human. I only need you to get rid of Chaz."

Dib sighed and leaned against a large metal brick, covered in glowing panels. "Hey, what's it mean when your face turns blue?" He asked.

Zim's face turned an even brighter blue and he cleared his throat. "That means... That... Means..." Zim picked up a small device off of a table, it was nearly the size of a marble, and was shaped like a small bug. "That I have an idea."

Dib rolled his eyes at the horrible excuse. "Yeah, right. What is that, anyway?"

Zim turned to face the human and lifted the metal bug up to his face. "This little guy is a tracking device. It has occurred to me that my old one was way to large, and hard to hide. So, like the GENIUS that I am, I made a new one."

Zim handed the bug to Dib, and he took it. He held it carefully in his hands and smiled. "Wow. Irken tech is pretty neat." Dib admitted.

Zim nodded and waved a hand of dismissal at Dib. "Of course, of course. Now get along. The MIGHTY ZIM will stay in the base."

He turned Dib around and started to push him towards the door once Dib didn't start to move on his own. Dib turned around, nearly knocking Zim to the ground. "Wait, why are you staying here?"

"Chaz is after me. Not you, you inferior human flesh worm." Zim said, starting to push Dib again, unsuccessfully.

Dib shrugged. It made enough sense to him. He turned and made his way towards the elevator, and Zim turned back to his computer.

Dib looked closely at the tracking device during the ride up. It had many pieces inside that gave it a faint glow, and there was a few buttons on the belly.

At the end of the ride, Dib climbed out of the trashcan. He dusted himself off and fixed his coat and glasses before heading into the living room and turning on his ear piece.