[ CHAPTER 4 ]

Day after day after we returned, Mezzo wasn't always home nowadays. What happened? Did I cause this? I felt so anxious, my guts we..were about to be squished already.

" I just w-want Mezzo to be back ... "

But it's like she never came back. She never did. Does she hate me now? Does she think I'm annoying? Am I too anxious? Maybe she secretly hates me. I don't want to lose her. Please. I don't want to lose her. I'm scared. I'm sca-

The door. It was opened. Mezzo? Is that you..? Well.

" Where the FUCK is your sister?! "

I gulped, my aunt just yelled at me. As always... I feel terribly scared now.

" I-I don't know! She has been missing for days e-ever since we.. we exited the house! "

Then my aunt got more angry at me, uh oh. I shouldn't have said that. Is she going to punish me again? I don't want to feel that. No. Please. I don't want to feel that.

" YOU TWO DID WHAT?! SINCE YOU TOLD ME, I'M GOING TO FUCKING TORTURE YOU! "

I felt more scared and nervous after she said that. So she stepped closer, and closer. I.. I felt so nerv..ous. I was near on the wall, as she grabbed a machete.

" GET READY, YOU STUPID BI- "

She stopped, as she fell down, un..consci..ous. I looked at her unconscious body until I looked up to see Mezzo.

" M-Mezzo? "

I stuttered. Mezzo just replies,

" Pretend nothing ever happened. "

Mezzo looked at me with a stern look. And turned around and leave. Huh. So she didn't love me. I was right.