chapter 22

today, after setting up for the day, rose, scarlett, lia, and i were planning to go shopping. while lia and i needed new clothes, i wasn't entirely sure about scarlett and rose's shopping intentions.

it was 7:00am, and with my call time on set at 8:15am, it was time to wake lia. i entered her room, gently brushing the hair out of her face and planting kisses on her forehead, a reliable method to rouse my daughter from sleep.

lia rubbed her eyes and sat up as i retrieved an outfit she had picked out the night before. given the late hour, i suggested she wear it today instead, to which she readily agreed.

"here you go, sunshine" i said softly, handing her the outfit.

"thank you, mama" she smiled sweetly.

leaving her to get changed, i began preparing breakfast. moments later, i heard the pitter-patter of tiny footsteps behind me, and i turned to find lia standing there.

"rose is on set today" i informed her.

"she is?" her eyes sparkled with excitement.

"yes, honey, she is" i confirmed.

after finishing our breakfast, we headed upstairs to brush our teeth. lia requested two braids for her hair today, so i happily obliged.

once downstairs, we put on our shoes and jackets before leaving the house. we made our way to the car, where lia and i buckled up before i reversed off the driveway.

upon our arrival on set, i parked the car, and together, lia and i made our way towards scarlett's trailer. scarlett was already there, seemingly engrossed in her preparations, so we didn't bother with formalities and simply walked in.

as rose caught sight of lia, she sprang from her seat and dashed over, embracing lia in a warm hug. lia reciprocated the gesture, and after a few moments, they pulled away.

"mom, can lia and i go see the other actors?" rose inquired eagerly.

"yeah, just be careful. is that okay, lizzie?" scarlett turned to me for confirmation. i nodded in agreement.

rose's pov:
with lia's hand in mine, we strolled towards the gathering of fellow actors, the familiarity of the set guiding our steps. upon arrival, we found ourselves amidst the likes of hemsworth, evans, renner, rbj, and natalie, settling onto the couch next to hemsworth with a playful leap.

"girls!" hemsworth's playful exclamation drew giggles from both of us.

"yess?" i responded with mock innocence, earning a playful pout from hemsworth.

"rose, you know exactly what you two did" he teased, his demeanor reminiscent of a mischievous child.

spotting some makeup on the table, its owner unknown, i couldn't resist the temptation to indulge in a bit of fun, initiating a makeover for hemsworth, with lia eagerly joining in.

"why do you insist on this?" hemsworth's repeated question failed to dampen our spirits.

"because it's hilarious" lia chimed in, her laughter echoing our shared sentiment.

as we neared completion, mom and auntie lizzie's arrival caught us in the act, leading to shared laughter at hemsworth's expense.

finishing our impromptu makeover, hemsworth playfully pursued us outside, setting off a playful chase filled with laughter.

seeking refuge in mom's trailer, we found ourselves cornered by hemsworth, his playful retribution swiftly following.

carried back to our parents' company, we were deposited onto our mothers' laps, hemsworth's mock annoyance blending seamlessly with his playful demeanor.