17. Confessions

Aera's pov

Im standing outside waiting for Sunghoon to pick me up. I already closed the store and now wait on the pavement railing as people pass by me.

I take in the view around me. The street lights , the big buildings , the cars and bikes driving past me and the cherry blossoms blooming in early spring.

Todays a little cold in seoul , so the wind makes me shiver even though a full sleeve gown , i should have brought a cardigan if i knew it would be chilly tonight.

I hug myself rubbing my arms with my hands trying to reduce the chills when i feel someone placing a denim jacket around my shoulder.

"You should've stayed inside the store if you knew it was a little cold outside" i turn around to see Sunghoon standing behind me. He grins at me while i smile at him. "It's alright , i dont mind the chilly weather , i felt relaxed" he smiles at my response nodding his head in approval.

We walk towards his car as he opens the passenger seat door for me. I giggle muttering a thank you and sit inside. He sits in the drivers seat and starts the engine driving towards the destination.

___________________________________

Sunghoon's pov

I glance at aera who's admiring the night view as we cross the bridge over the han river. I smile as she looks really pretty under the lights. I grab her hand intertwining our fingers as she smiles at my gesture.

"You look beautiful today" she chuckles at my comment resting her head on the passenger seat. "Oh really? Dont i look beautiful everyday?" She asks narrowing her eyes making me laugh as well.

"Maybe extra beautiful today , princess" she laughs at my teasing compliment. "You're extra cheesy today you know" i simply shrug and she giggles again. Holding her hand become one of my habits with her and aera didnt mind it since she was comfortable with me.

I try to calm my abnormal heartbeat and try not to show that im nervous. Come on sunghoon you got this , today's the day . It's now or never you waited for too long. I smile to myself thinking how this silly girl will be so happy when i surprise her.

We arrive at the restaurant as i park my car and both of us get off walking inside. We sit at our reserved seats and the waiter approaches us.

"
What would you like to eat sir?" Before i could say anything i notice the waiter staring at aera who reads the menu.

I quickly pull her right hand intertwining it with mine " can we get the couple set A on this , are you okay with that princess" i ask a bewildered aera from my sudden move but then she smiles nodding " thats good , i actually like it" i look at the waiter again who now has a pissed look and nods his head walking away.

"What was that for?" She asks still smiling "nothing , just felt like it" she gives me a side eye before smiling again. "Anyways here you go" i pass her a paper bag.

"Whats this?" Questioning before peeking in a little and gasps . She takes out the box and places it on the table opening it .

"Todays ..... MY BIRTHDAY!?" she almost yells before she looks up at me after observing the strawberry cake with a happy birthday written on it.

"Happy birthday choi aera" i give her a warm smile as she blinks her eyes multiple times .

"Tsk , this stupid and silly girl doesnt even remember her birthday, if not for me she would cry the next day , that she forgot her own birthday" i flick her forehead but she just smiles widely.