Chapter 13

My big ass finals is like tomorrow and I am so mentally unstable that I just decided to pop my laptop in the darkness of my room and write this up before the emotion goes away in a couple of days. 

I forgot which direction the curve of the letter c was facing yesterday. It's wild. 

So maybe this chapter would heavily lean on what's going on with America right now and instead of only feeling like every rational person would, which was to say, be really upset and confused about why some people can be so dumb, my mind decided to both be upset, and have a sudden brilliant moment that says "Oh wait, I suddenly got inspiration for how to write Charles and consequently the next chapter!" 

Because for all I know, Charles is about as a red flag as one can be, and he's....living it? 

But because he is my protagonist, I am going to make this mf worthy of my acceptance. 

So watch as I turn this evil spawn of Satan into an ideal human. 

Politics in this fiction is, as you know, fiction. And by that, I mean no, it can make absolutely no sense and I don't care. So please accept it as it is because I need it as plot device. 

___________________________________________________

The moment Charles inherited — no the more precise word would be won, because technically despite his father owning that title a couple elections ago, that wasn't enough to warrant the word inherit because by Shao Long's vocabulary, inheriting would imply that no effort was needed. Not unlike how many of the princes gained their royal title as kings. But yeah, to a certain degree, Charles might have inherited the title, but that was just a deeper meaning to the statement, like how Shao Long inherited his father's company when in actuality, he did not. Of course, one could not inherit something that did not exist because the day Xi Yuze died, so did the company, and one thing lead to another which brought Shao Long to build up his own empire. 

So let's start this again. 

When Charles inherited (won) the status as the President of the USA, what he had in his hands wasn't the great America despite what some would say. What Charles had, instead, was a burning country. A dying country. A falling country in all but influence. Among the elites that is. And by elites, he meant the politicians and leaders of most other countries. But regardless of how much power he then held, Shao Long would never forget the day he looked at Charles disbelievingly, ridicule and disgust in his eyes, and asked, "Why do you want to be President so much?" 

"To make a change." Charles had answered then, without looking at him in the eye as he fixed his tie. "Wouldn't you know a thing or two about change? All you do is go forward." 

There wasn't many directions in the first place for Shao Long to go. At his age, the only path he could follow was his father's footsteps. But so was Charles by continuing what was supposed to be his father's legacy. So really, between the two of them, there was little room for change. 

Unless of course, Charles really meant it when he said he wanted a change.