『ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘』

The Returned.

Some humans have the very ability to trick Lady Death without even knowing. Some humans have a genetic component where when they die they will not elert the angels of death or the goddess.
If their body is not found and soul collected within an hour of dying they will be brought back to life.

The body will slowly lose colour and gain the symptoms of hypothermia.
With the lack of movement or consiousness for an hour, the joints will get stiff making it hard for them to move immediately after awakening.
Movement will be stiff and soar so they will not want to move far.
It takes about a 3 days for them to fully return to normal.

The returned are known for being almost entirely human. The difference is that it's harder to kill a returned and they will not die to old age.

The returned will give off a smell that the normal human nose can not pick up on. This smell can be compaired to red spider lilys and can be picked up by:
○Death and her angels
○Phantoms
○Wardens
○Withered
○Dragonborn
It has been noted that hybrids who have a sense of smell considered greater than these hybrids (Sniffers & Werewolves) can not pick up on the sent. It is unknown as to the reason for this, but it is theorised that the sent is meant to set off attack instincts in the above hybrids and thusly is not a normal smell, but rather more of a hormone.
It's hard to get a good read on the actual reason, but it is important to note the theorys down.

Returned are considered zombies and thusly are meant to be hunted down and returned to death herself. They tend to keep to their own so that they don't have to be returned and it is hard to get an accurate estimation on how many exist as of current.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
They can not be killed by plants. Gardeners are not safe from the returned.

A returned is easy to spot by their black veins. They throw up their "old blood" within the first 24 hours of being revived and their heart begins pumping around their "new blood".