Chapter 5:An Unexpected Revelation

Seo Yul fought with a ferocity that belied his small frame, each movement precise and deadly. But even as he dispatched his opponents with ease, he could feel the blood parasite sapping his strength, threatening to overwhelm him.

Just as he was about to succumb to the parasite, Jae-min and Jang Uk burst onto the scene, cutting down the remaining enemies with ruthless efficiency. They rushed to Seo Yul's side, their faces etched with concern.

"Are you alright, Seo Yul?" Jae-min asked, helping him to his feet.

Seo Yul nodded weakly, his face pale and drawn. "I'm fine," he whispered. "But the blood parasite..."

Jang Uk's expression hardened as he understood the gravity of the situation. He exchanged a knowing look with Jae-min before turning to Jin Mu, who had been watching the fight with a detached expression.

"You," he said, his voice dripping with contempt. "What do you know about the blood parasite?"

Jin Mu's smirk faltered for a moment before he composed himself, shrugging nonchalantly. "Oh, that? It's an old magic trick, nothing to worry about."

Jang Uk took a step forward, his hand gripping the hilt of his sword. "Don't play games with me, Jin Mu. I know you're hiding something."

Jae-min, sensing the growing tension between the two men, placed a hand on Jang Uk's arm. "Jang Uk, wait. Maybe there's another way."
Jin Mu let out a harsh laugh. "Oh, I'm sure there is," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Maybe you could just ask me nicely, and I'll spill all my secrets."

Jang Uk's eyes narrowed, but before he could respond, Jae-min spoke up again. "Jin Mu, please. If you know anything that could help Seo Yul, we need to know. We're all in this together."

Jin Mu studied Jae-min for a moment before sighing heavily. "Fine," he said, running a hand through his hair. "I'll tell you what I know. But you're not going to like it."
Jae-min and Jang Uk exchanged a worried glance before nodding, indicating for Jin Mu to continue.

"I used to work for a powerful mage who specialized in dark magic," Jin Mu began, his voice low and grave. "He was obsessed with the blood parasite, saw it as a way to gain ultimate power. He experimented on countless people, trying to perfect the parasite and use it to his advantage."

Jang Uk's grip on his sword tightened as he listened, a mix of anger and disgust written on his face.

Jin Mu's expression darkened as he continued. "One day, something went wrong. The parasite got out of control, infected the mage himself. He went mad, destroyed his laboratory, killed anyone who got in his way. I barely escaped with my life."

Jae-min looked at Jin Mu with a newfound understanding, realizing that his past was far more complicated than they had ever imagined. "And the blood parasite?" she asked softly. "Is there a way to cure it?"

Jin Mu sighed, shaking his head. "I don't know," he admitted. "The mage took all his research with him when he died. But I might know someone who could help. An old friend of mine who used to work with the mage, before everything went to hell. She might have some ideas about how to counteract the parasite."

Jang Uk and Jae-min exchanged a hopeful look before turning back to Jin Mu. "Where can we find this friend of yours?" Jang Uk asked, a glimmer of hope in his voice.
Jin Mu hesitated for a moment before nodding. "I'll take you to her," he said. "But you'll need to trust me, and follow my lead. We're about to enter a world that few outsiders have ever seen, a world where magic is a way of life and danger lurks around every corner."

Jae-min and Jang Uk exchanged a determined look before nodding, ready to follow Jin Mu into the unknown. And with that, they set off into the shadows, hoping against hope that Jin Mu's friend would have the answers they so desperately needed.