- 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝙶𝚘𝚕𝚍 -

(SEASON 6 EP 22 & 25)

Toshinori's best memory of Izuku was a particular day on Dagobah Beach when the pair took a moment to catch their breaths and admire the sunset. The light and innocence reflecting in Midoriya's eyes couldn't be outmatched and would remain ingrained in the hero's memory. But now, standing in the rain, Toshinori could see that the light in Midoriya's eyes had long since faded away.

Or...

All Might's thoughts as he watches Midoriya wander down a path of self-destruction.
*****

From the moment Izuku Midoriya latched onto his leg, All Might had known the boy was special.

Seeing this quirkless boy rush headfirst into danger to save a friend blossomed something inside Toshinori, something he hadn't felt in years.

Since the day he received his injury, Toshinori intended on pushing through the pain, just until he found a successor.

He had been so focused on keeping his vulnerability a secret that he forgot what it meant to be a hero. The exact reason why Nana always encouraged Toshinori to smile.

So when Toshinori realized that, he knew that something had to change and Izuku Midoriya would soon become his new reason to live.

Toshinori approached the boy again later that day to give him the answer his predecessor gave him and after some tears had been shed, the boy didn't hesitate to accept to carry on All Might's legacy.

-

A few months later, Toshinori found himself at Dagobah Beach, watching the sun go down with his successor.

It had been another tireless day of training for Izuku.

Once Midoriya finished cleaning up as much of the beach as he could that day, Yagi packed everything up in his truck and suggested that Midoriya take a break.

Izuku was about to decline but the aching of his muscles told him otherwise and reluctantly agreed. They both sat near the edge of the beach that was clean and watched the sun go down together.

All Might had commented on how golden the sunset was when Izuku murmured something.

"Nothing gold can stay."

Toshinori turned to his successor in confusion and asked, "What was that, my boy?"

Izuku immediately became flustered and went on about something Toshinori couldn't comprehend through his muttering.

The older man chuckled and reassuringly rubbed the boy's back. "Slow down Young Midoriya, could you please repeat that?"

Once Izuku was finally able to calm down, he hesitantly looked toward the ground and said. "It's nothing important, All Might. That was just from a poem I heard in school."