Ch. 7: A New Ally

When Lucina woke up, she was shocked that she was alive at all. The last thing she recalled was being hit by Sorahime and then blacking out from blood loss.

She found herself bound by some invisible force- most likely kido. Her wounds were also gone. She was leaning against a container in a dark warehouse. Seriously, what is it with Bleach and warehouses?

"Yo." The purple-haired girl looked up to find Yukihana sitting cross-legged on another container a few meters away. "Where am I? How long has it been?"

The blue-haired shinigami tilted her head. "It's been a day, morning right now, and you're still in the seireitei."

"Where's Tayne? And... your friend?" Lucina pressed. Yukihana waved towards a larger container, this time open. "I'm only letting you live due to personal reasons. Sorahime's keeping other shinigami away and Raveli right over there, in the container. I wanted to leave her on the ground but Sorahime felt bad so she put her in a box."

Lucina decided Tayne's survival instincts were weird.

"But... you mentioned you let us live because of personal reasons. Why?"

"One, your strange power is interesting," Yukihana replied. "Two, I haven't been to the world of the living in a while and I need to get caught up with the anime and games."

Lucina blinked. Suddenly, the blue-haired soul reaper didn't seem quite so scary. She asked hopefully, "Um, well, can you unbind me first?"

"No," Yukihana shot back. "Stop asking questions and listen."

Lucina knew even if she could get out of the binds, she was way outmatched, so she just meekly nodded.

"First- all abilities that I'm aware of, shinigami or otherwise, have a name. Do you know the name of your weapon?" Lucina took a moment to recall her conversation- if it could be called that at all- with the voice.

"...no," she replied. It probably wasn't smart to say so much, but if Yukihana knew something about it... "The voice mentioned someone named 'Kagayaku-sama', and it seems this power is based off light."

"Light... Kagayaku..." the blue-haired soul reaper mused. She looked up suddenly, as if remembering something.

Lucina tilted her head curiously. When Yukihana didn't say anything, the purple-haired girl called, "Hello? Do you know something?"

Yukihana quickly shook her head, her normal expression returning. "It's confidential. I'm not allowed to talk about it."

"You're already breaking the rules by keeping me alive, aren't you? Plus, it's my power," Lucina pried. Yukihana shot her a cold glare. "Don't get too audacious. I can end you whenever I want."

Lucina was silent in an instant. 'Nevermind... she's still  scary.'

The shinigami smirked. "That's better. Onto my next question. What's the current minecraft version?"

The purple-haired girl was taken aback. Thankfully, she was able to give an answer since, like any normal 15-year-old she was pretty up to date with games.

Yukihana nodded, pausing to think. Then she continued questioning. "And the most recent Demon Slayer episode?"

"Uh- Infinity Train," Lucina replied. The soul reaper hummed. "Good to know I'm not too behind."

Yukihana was silent again. Lucina took the chance to ask, "So, uh, can you let us go now?"

"If you answer one more question for me," the shinigami replied. Lucina nodded as a 'go on' sign. "How many others are with you?"