Chp 16

Tala had hidden herself behind a tree and watched as the siblings had entered the park. She and her Father and her bodyguard had moved to the mortal realm and had found a house in the same neighborhood as the Williams family a few days after Sarah was able to return home. Tala had taken to walking in the park with her cousin observing her in his owl form almost every day. She had hoped to come upon either Toby or Sarah in a way that wasn't suspicious before she started school. She had wanted to make friends with at least Toby without having to worry about acting like a typical mortal schoolgirl and the pressure of trying to keep up with school work. Sadly it seemed that the Williams siblings had stayed home and Tala had been forbidden from going to their house. Her Father and cousin had thought it would be too suspicious if she had gone to their house without first getting to know either Toby or Sarah. So she was stuck either meeting them by "coincidence" or waiting for school to start. 

   She had only a couple of weeks until school started and she was starting to resign herself in trying to become friends with Toby at school. Her luck had finally seemed to change because she was finally able to see both of the siblings today. She hid herself behind a large tree and observed the two siblings who had shaken the entire Goblin Kingdom. The boy looked about 12 to 13 in mortal years the same as her. He had short blonde hair with bright, mischievous, blue eyes and a slim build. The woman had black hair, sparkling green eyes and a smile that exuded kindness and love. She was breathtakingly beautiful in Tala's opinion not just her outer appearance but she seemed to glow with both vitality and a strong, unbeatable spirit. Tala could see why her cousin was so taken with her. Both siblings didn't seem to notice the attention they had gathered from other park goers, they both had just something about them that had people wanting to be close to them.

  Tala had folded her arms and tapped her finger on her arms. She bit her lip with a thoughtful expression. She started thinking out loud "Now how should I introduce myself to those two interesting people."

  She smirked as she looked up at the owl above her that hadn't taken his eyes off of Sarah since she arrived at the park. She spoke teasingly "I can see why you have been pining over this  person. She is quite beautiful and she definitely has a special presence that draws people in." 

  The owl ignored her and kept all it's attention on Sarah who had started laughing at her brother's antics. Tala huffed annoyed at being ignored and said "In fact, I think she's too good for you. Perhaps I should introduce her to my brothers or some other noble person."

  The owl gave a screech obviously disagreeing with her. It flew down to  a branch at her head height and started flapping it's wings at her head. She protected her head with her arms while apologizing. The owl gave her a withering look and stopped his attack.

  Tala glared right back and said "Don't ignore me next time. Now I think you mentioned that both Sarah and Toby love dogs, correct?"

  The owl nodded and Tala returned her gaze to the siblings watching as Toby ran off and Sarah began to wheel her way down the parks paths. Her eyes flashed a golden color as she spoke "Well, it seems that I need a new pet that can help introduce myself."

  She closed her eyes and seemed to meditate for a few minutes. When she opened them a brown Newfoundland had appeared at her side. She held out her hand and the dog sniffed and licked her palm. Crouching down she looked in the dog's eyes as she pet it. Her eyes took on a golden glow again as she asked "What is your name?"

  The dog barked and Tala smiled "Beorn a good, strong name. It is a perfect name for you. Are you willing to help me?"

 The dog barked and licked her face obviously agreeing with her request. Tala stood and watched as Sarah started wheeling closer to their spot. Beorn waited by her side, Tala's made a circle motion and a golden glow appeared along with a crystal ball. The ball seemed to fly to the dog and popped when it hit the dog's fur and a collar and a leash appeared on the neck of the dog. Tala clicked her tongue and Beorn ran off heading straight to Sarah with Tala running after him. The owl flew ahead of them and landed in a tree in the spot that Sarah was heading too.