1..

May 28th 2022

♡❀˖⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹❀♡

"Vale, Svegliati il ​​culo!"

I groan as the bright sunlight hits my face. Excruciating bright even though my eyes are closed shut. I move onto my side to try and get of out the sun -- but felt the blankets get torn off me. The cool breeze nipping at my skin.

I let out a frustrated groan and finally open my eyes to see my best friend, my roommate, Viviana. "Its time to get up." She sternly says. I reach my hands up to rub my tired eyes.
"Why so early?"

"Your 'boy toy' eagerly wants you to come to his race." She shoves my phone infront of my face, revealing that she was and still is on call with someone, Marco. Marco Bezzecchi. My best friend since childhood. I eyed her for the nickname she chose for him.

My family had moved to the small city Rimini when I was near the age of 3 from Verona, and moved in next to the Bezzecchi family. Our parents grew close with one another. Mr and Mrs Bezzecchi had 3 children, 2 girls and 1 boy. Silvia, Laura and Marco.

Marco, whom I grew the closest with. He was even the one who made me interested in racing. I begged my parents to let me go into the karting, even with all the 'no's' and the 'its too dangerous,' I got them to say yes. There on out, me and Marco raced eachother, on either a team or on seperate teams. Starting with karts and then motorcyles. We were both pretty competitive, but we would always leave those emotions out on the track.

We both made it to Moto3 and later on Moto2 with eachother. Then he recently moved up to the big leagues, Motogp, just this year. I would have too if I hadn't crashed the final race of our last Moto2 season. I had a contract with Gresini all ready for me, but due to the injuries I had endured, it had been dropped, followed by a 'Sorry,' in an email.
Great, right?

"Vale?" I hear his voice. "Hey Marc. How's it going?" I say up and take the phone out of her hand. She then leaves my bedroom, giving me a quick thumbs up.
"I'm doing great. How are you holding up?"

"Could be better.. you had to wake me up at eight in the morning?" I joke. His chuckle echos out of the small speaker of the phone. "Of course I had too. We're in Italy right now for a race, I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

"Yeah? And how much will love ticket cost? If its not sold out already.." I let out a yawn and stretch out my back. "I have a pass that I can give you. The race starts at 11, you know where it is right?"

"Of course I do."

"Great, see you there. Ti amo!" He excitedly says and the line goes silent. I place my phone ontop of my nightstand and reach over to grab my prosthetic leg. Strapping it on, I stand up and further stretch out my back. I go over to my closet to pick out clothes for the day.

Simple black shorts and one of my boyfriend's shirts that he had given me a couple weeks back. I grab a pair of socks and slip them on before brushing out my frizzy red hair -- putting on mascara afterwards.

I grab my phone and then leave my room to make my way towards the kitchen, finding Viviana. Sipping on what I presumed to be coffee. "Are you going?" She asks once her eyes land on me. "He has a pass for me." I shrug my shoulders and take a seat on one of the barstools. "I don't see why you wouldn't go after 'that.'" She smirks and wiggles her eyebrows at me. Gesturing to Marco.