Quality time

Hanni's pov.

I made my way back home alone, informing Jay that I would return safely.

Although Jay wanted to accompany me back, I insisted on walking alone and lied by assuring him that someone else would guide me home.

Upon receiving the notification, I attempted to respond immediately.

"I'm midway, just wait for me", was the reply that I sent to the latter.

"Is that guy, uhmm Jay? With you?" her message continued.

"I'm alone. I'll be reaching home shortly; please wait for a while." I replied back with a reassuring tone.

In response to my message, the latter seemed to be in an agitated state.

"You should have told me. Where are you? Tell me the address. (⁠╯⁠°⁠□⁠°⁠)⁠╯" she demanded.

The message felt rather abrupt and intrusive, prompting me to respond defensively.

"I'm walking alone. I'll reach shortly. Just, please, wait for a bit." I wrote, emphasizing my insistence for patience.

The latter's repeated insistence was rather irritable. Yet again, she made sure to emphasize her desire to accompany me back home.

"I should have joined you. If you don't reply, I'm coming to find you." her message continued.

"Okay, fine. Im at (address)." I replied

"I'm coming!" Minji sent and made her way to me.

Minute after sending my message, I spotted Minji making her approach. Her visibility became increasingly apparent, allowing me to pinpoint her location.

Minji's speed was evident as the latter rapidly closed the distance between us.

"I'm here now, let's go to your house," she stated casually, her tone carrying a hint of anticipation.

"Alright, let's go" I replied to Minji. Hanni felt nervous being alone with Minji, mainly because I had feelings for her, BUT NEVERMIND.

As Minji and I walked towards my house, the air filled with a mix of excitement and nervousness. I couldn't shake off the butterflies fluttering in my stomach as we engaged in light-hearted banter along the way. Despite my inner turmoil, I tried to maintain a composed demeanor, not wanting to reveal the depth of my feelings for Minji.

Upon reaching my house, I fumbled with the keys in my pocket, my hands betraying my jittery state. As the door swung open, I gestured for Minji to enter first, a gesture of politeness that masked my hidden emotions.

"You don't have to.." Minji said, I didn't say anything but smile at her.

Inside, the atmosphere shifted, charged with unspoken words and unexplored emotions. I offered Minji a seat, trying to appear nonchalant while my heart raced with anticipation. With a nervous smile, I asked, "Would you like something to drink?"

Minji's eyes met mine, a flicker of something unreadable passing through them. "Just water, thanks," she replied, her voice soft yet carrying a weight of its own.

As I poured water into a glass, the silence between us grew, punctuated only by the sound of the water running. I handed her the glass, our fingers brushing briefly, sending a jolt of electricity through me.

Minutes passed, filled with unspoken words and lingering gazes. The tension in the air was palpable, a silent dance of emotions swirling between us. And in that moment, I knew that this encounter with Minji would change everything.