41.

Author's Pov

The Alpha, Hunter enters the room with his head held up and everyone stands as a sign of respect. His eyes were black, matching his cold stone face but inside, his heart was churning. He was raging with anger and the need to have blood in his hand. As an Alpha, he knew he had to think rationally rather than emotionally, or else he would be a madman. 

Without any second glance to anyone, he strides towards the Head Seat at the end of the table. 

"My daughter, Elizabeth is dead." He announces and the silent murmurs that were going on suddenly stop. The room becomes too silent. 

"Are you kidding?" The Beta asks and Hunter's sharp eyes land on him, accusingly. He grits his teeth, trying not to show how emotionally unstable He is right now. 

"Do you really think I would joke about something like that?" His sharp voice and eyes throw draggers to the Beta. If looks could kill, the Beta would be six feet under the ground. 

The Beta, Alex shuts his mouth immediately, sensing the danger his Alpha is radiating. He bows his head in submission. 

The room was so tense that the tension could be cut through a butter knife. Everyone's mind was racing with millions of questions but noticing the aura their Alpha was radiating, it was better to keep their mouth shut. 

The Alpha needs to calm down and then they'll ask their questions. They wait for a few minutes as Hunter shakes his head and takes a deep breath. After a few minutes, he was calm enough to talk civilly. 

"She was killed by her own mate." He declares and everyone holds a gasp. Their eyes round as saucers and their mouth open like a fish. This wasn't what they expected. 

A death by their own mate? How unlucky can a person be that they get killed by their own mate? Why did the Moon Goddess curse the child with such a painful death?

"Alpha...are you sure that she was killed? Maybe she-" Hunter interrupts the member. 

"Amora felt the pain...Augury" He says and once again, everything becomes silent. At this point, Hunter was getting frustrated as he felt the pity of others. 

He stands up and bangs his hands on the table, making everyone jump. 

"We're going to attack that damn pack and I am not going to stop until I have that fucker right in front of me" Hunter's voice booms in the room. Everyone stays silent, trying not to utter a word. 

It was all too much to digest. Stefan goes behind his dad and gently keeps his hand on Hunter's shoulder, making him sit down. 

Hunter sits, without another word. He knew that the way He was acting was not how an Alpha should behave but his emotions were a mess. His fatherly instincts were much stronger than the Alpha's instincts. He never really acted like this, so different from the way he is acting right now. 

"We need a plan. I can't wait any longer"

Author's Note

It's my birthday today! So I wanted to surprise my readers with an update and appreciate you guys reading my book ^.^

I hope you liked it. Let me know your opinions!