055

jake was raised in a loving family.

he wasn't the type of kid that experienced misfortunes while growing up. his parents— both very caring, always supported whatever he wanted.

in some ways, people would assume that jake is spoiled. but he never was.

he grew up learning to give what other people need. he was taught to be generous, and to always lend a hand to those in need.

then there was jay.

if jake is kind, jay is more. jay is selfless.

he discovered how jay is too kind for his own good, to the point where he would be willing to sacrifice himself instead of making the others suffer.

jake didn't want that. because why would he be that selfless? he doesn't like it.

he doesn't like the idea of jay being selfless to other people. he doesn't like it when jay needs to sacrifice himself for other people. for another person.

fuck, maybe i am spoiled— like what they say about me back when i was younger.

a spoiled person, with rotten behavior.

jay will be better off without him.

he stared at his best friend sitting in front of him.

but i can't do it.

"i think i'll just go with the waffles. what about you?" jay puts the menu down before tapping jake's arm lightly. "you okay?"

jake shakes off the loud thoughts. "just felt a bit sleepy. i'll get some coffee too."

"you're the one who wanted to do grocery shopping at 7 in the morning, and now you're sleepy? dude, wake up." jay jokingly says while jake just chuckled.

"sorry, that was the best date idea that i could come up with. was it lame?"

jay bit his lower lip, trying not to laugh. "not really, it was a bit unique though. 7 out of 10 for the effort."

they decided to eat breakfast at the nearest café after finishing their shopping spree at the grocery store. although jay felt a bit awkward at first, the tension was gone halfway through their car ride.

he actually left sunghoon's penthouse at around 6:30 am because he was trying to avoid seeing a familiar face around the building again.

not that i'm still walking eggshells around him, but i just don't want him to feel uncomfortable. although he said he already moved on, so i guess we're good now? shit i don't know.

jake observed as jay looked like he was deep in his own thoughts. i should drive him home, maybe he got tired already.

"should we head back now? i'll drive you to the penthouse." jake was about to take jay's bag when jay flinched, as if he was startled by the other's action.

"it's fine, i can carry this." jay cleared his throat and smiled at him.

to be honest, i'm not used to this side of jake.

jake stops for a bit before nodding. "oh, okay. let's go?"

it's going to be fine. i'll just get used to this.

---------

[ sunghoon 🌵 ]

sunghoon 🌵:
having fun with your date? 😉