Just the Two of Us

When Harry arrived at Grimmauld Place, emotions were mixed. Of course everyone was happy about it, but there was a more or less big problem. Harry had to take part a court hearing at the Ministry. The reason was that he had performed magic outside of Hogwarts >in the presence of his cousin, who was a Muggle<, even though he was still a minor.

"Well, we don't have that problem anymore," Fred said and received a slap on the back of the head, from his mother. For days the twins had been infuriating everyone by apparating through the house.

However, the reason for Harry's magic was really serious. Dementors had attacked him and his cousin in the middle of a peaceful Muggle neighborhood. That was really worrying.

Nevertheless, the hearing went well. Harry avoided sentencing because Dumbledore supported him. So they were all in good spirits on the last evening of the holidays. The adults treated themselves to a drink or two and y/n and the twins also got some again. But because Molly was paying particular attention to Harry today, the three of them drank a little more. So they were quite tipsy as they climbed the stairs to their rooms.

When y/n wanted to say goodbye to the two of them, Fred shook his head. Y/n sighed. "Please, just go to sleep."

She looked at George for help, but he immediately raised his hands defensively. "Keep me out of this. I'm too drunk to say anything about it."

Then he placed a kiss on y/n's cheek and disappeared into the twins' room. Fred crossed his arms. "My brother's allowed to kiss you?"

Y/n shrugged. "Sure. Now you go to bed too."

But Fred didn't even think about it. Without further discussion he grabbed her hand and pulled her into her room. "No. Not today."

"Why not?", y/n laughed uncomprehendingly. Now Fred let go of her and threw himself into her bed. "When we go back to school, that won't be possible anymore."

Y/n rolled her eyes and closed her bedroom door. As she crawled underneath the blanket with him, she shook her head. "It won't be any different than the years before."

"Yes! It will", he contradicted and quickly leaned over her. "I now know how good it is when it works."

Y/n pushed him away, only to place her head on his chest. She listened to his heartbeat for a few minutes. Then she raised her head. "Do you want to tell people? But I wouldn't know what we should say."

"I don't care," Fred replied. Y/n furrowed her brows. "You cannot not care."

He slowly stroked a strand of hair behind her ear and thought. "Let's just say nothing."

"Why not?" Y/n asked, although she was relieved about the answer. Because she really had no idea how to explain to anyone what had happened between the two of them. Fred shrugged his shoulders. "Let it just be the two of us for a little longer."

She grinned at him. "Understood."

Then she leaned in and kissed him. He immediately pulled her closer. Now y/n realized what he had meant. That they would have to give this up, at least until the Christmas holidays. A shame, really.

But when y/n arrived at King's Cross station the next morning, she was immediately relieved that they had made this decision. After saying goodbye to their aunt and Molly, Olivia and Maggy immediately came up to her and the twins.

"You were with the Weasleys again?", Maggy asked without greeting. Y/n shook her head. "Not really. I'll explain it to you on the train."

Said and done. Olivia listened intently, while Maggy looked a little unsettled. "So that means the situation is really serious. But the Daily Prophet didn't write anything."

"Of course they don't report anything about it," Olivia said. "Nobody wants us all to panic. However, a little transparency wouldn't be a bad thing, just so we know what to expect."

"What's the bad mood about?" The door to their compartment opened and the Gryffindor girls came in.

Y/n waved it off. "Not that important."

Katie shook her head. "I think it is important. You were talking about... you know who."

"Not exactly," y/n explained. But Maggy nodded. "According to y/n, the situation is serious."

"Oh yeah?", Alicia asked and Angelina looked at y/n skeptically. "What do you know that the Ministry doesn't know?"

"Nothing at all!" Y/n said, which was true. While they had spent the holidays at Grimmauld Place, the children had heard nothing from the adults. At least nothing that they couldn't have pieced together themselves.

"She was probably too busy trying to avoid Fred anyway...", Maggy began, but a kick from Olivia silenced her. Katie raised her eyebrows. "You were with the twins?"

"No," y/n said immediately. Damn it, Maggy! Earlier she had told her and Olivia that it was a secret, that she hadn't spent the holidays at home. In fact, she wasn't allowed to say anything about the Order and its members. But she had made a small exception for Maggy and Olivia.

"But Maggy just..." Angelina asked, but Olivia shook her head. "I think she misunderstood something."

"Yes, I think so too," Maggy nodded herself. The other girls seemed confused, but didn't ask any further questions. They had other things to discuss anyway. This was their last year of school. The final exams were coming up and they had career orientation. Y/n wasn't afraid of the exams. However, since she spoke to Lupin two years ago, y/n still had no idea what she wanted to do with her life. Dealing with it only gave her a headache.

But when they arrived at Hogwarts, y/n quickly forgot about that. The new change in the curriculum was a little old witch in pink. Dolores Umbridge. And the little speech she gave when her name was called was beyond questionable.

"She must be crazy," Olivia murmured and y/n and Maggy nodded. It was clear that DADA lessons weren't going to be fun this year.