Hello Again

When y/n finally stood in Diagon Alley, it was already quite late. First she left her luggage with Brigitte. Since Sirius had died at the end of last school year, they no longer lived in Grimmauld Place. That's why Tonks and Brigitte moved in with Remus Lupin. Y/n would also stay there for now. Afterwards it took her a while to come here. She ate something. And also somehow her legs were afraid to walk here. Even though she had recognized the building from afar, the bright orange walls, the warm light shining from the windows.

As she knocked on the door, she felt herself getting nervous. Her farewell to Fred had not been pleasant at all. But at least the twins had told her to come over as soon as school had ended. And now she was standing here. She swayed from one foot to the other as she waited.

Finally, it was George who opened the door. When he recognized her, he smiled broadly and immediately pulled her into his arms. "Y/n! How nice to see you!"

"I'm happy too," y/n said and pressed herself against him. The nervousness was gone. Until now she hadn't realized how much she had missed him.

"Come on, come in, our apartment is above the store," George said as he pulled away from her again. He closed the door behind her and led her through the shop. Y/n looked around with wide eyes as she followed him up the stairs. All the shelves were well stocked. "Wow, that looks fantastic."

"Thank you very much," George turned his head briefly and grinned at her. When they reached the floor above, George led her to a door, which he then opened and let her go first. "Come in, Madam."

"Thank you, thank you, Sir," y/n said, giggling and made a silly little curtsy. But when George showed her the living room of the small apartment, y/n stopped laughing. And so did Fred, who was sitting there on the couch >holding the Daily Prophet in his hand<. He looked at her with a stony expression. "Hello."

"Hi," y/n said briefly and waved at him in an uncoordinated way. George sighed. "You can't be serious. Fred, be nice and y/n sit down, he won't bite. I'll get us something to drink. "

Then he disappeared, leaving y/n and Fred alone. But y/n continued to stand until Fred patted on the couch next to him. "You heard him, I don't bite."

"I wouldn't sign that," she grumbled as she sat down at the other end of the sofa. Now he grinned into his newspaper. "Me neither."

"George is taking his time," y/n stated when they had sat next to each other in silence for a while. Fred grinned again. "Of course, what did you expect?"

"I actually didn't expect anything. You guys told me to come here," y/n replied. Fred laughed sarcastically. "Friendly as ever."

Then he turned his head and looked at her properly for the first time since she had arrived. Y/n looked at him questioningly. "What?"

"Am I not allowed to look at you?" When he smiled, she felt her heart skip a beat.

"Yes, always," she then answered quietly, but of course he heard her. Now something changed in his expression. But before Fred could answer anything, George came back again. Y/n hummed in disbelief. "He's can't be serious ."

Fred laughed at that as he accepted one of the three glasses George was carrying. He acted clueless. "What?"

"Just forget it," y/n replied and also took one of the glasses. Then they sat together and talked. At first the conversation was a bit halting. But at some point they started talking at random. The boys talked about their shop, y/n talked about the exams.

At some point they were all yawning nonstop, so y/n stood up. "I think I'm leaving slowly."

George nodded, but Fred looked like he wanted to say something. But y/n was already starting to say goodbye. "Stay, I'll find my way out."

But Fred shook his head. "Someone has to go with you and lock the door behind you."

"Oh," y/n mumbled. George nodded, but didn't get up. "Yeah, Fred's going with you."

Y/n clenched her jaw. It was clear. That's what George always did, give her and Fred time together. However, y/n wasn't always so happy about it. Same now. But George didn't care and said goodbye with a satisfied grin. Fred and y/n weren't grinning though as they went back down the stairs.

When he opened the front door, she nodded at him. "Well then, goodbye."

But Fred didn't answer her, just stood there, holding the door open. She looked at him confused. Couldn't he even say goodbye? Well, his problem. "Well then..."

As she took the first step outside, he grabbed her upper arm and pulled her back inside. She looked at him irritated. What was wrong with him? "What is this now?"

"That's not okay," he said, still holding her arm. "We haven't seen each other in weeks. Now you're just leaving? George is your best friend, and I am..."

"You are what?", y/n asked and looked at him carefully. But Fred remained silent. Y/n sighed. "You could have written me a letter. At least that's what George did."

"We've never written to each other before," Fred rolled his eyes.

"True," y/n mumbled. But then she shook her head. "It doesn't matter now. We can discuss that some other time."

"When?", Fred asked immediately, not looking happy at all. "And where are you going now?"

"Home to Brigitte," y/n said. Fred shook his head. "You can't walk home alone at this hour."

"Of course I can," y/n contradicted. "Besides, Brigitte is with Tonks and Remus anyway."

The answer didn't seem to satisfy Fred. Somehow that made her put her hand on his cheek. When she touched his skin he winced. His grip on her upper arm tightened. "You could stay here too."

"Oh yes?," she patted his cheek with a laugh. "And then what? Should I sleep in your bed too, or what?"

"Why not?", Fred wanted to know. Y/n looked at him shaking her head. "Because we haven't seen each other in ages and when we said goodbye..."

"We had an argument. But we always argue," Fred said. But y/n continued to resist and freed herself from his grip. "Let's do something in the next few days. But not now, I don't want it like that."

Fred pressed his lips together. He seemed to be struggling with himself. But then he nodded. "I have the weekend off, Sunday."