Two

Quick chapter//: Excuse any mistakes

Fantasia

Two weeks later it was show time. I was up in the wee hours of the morning getting together. Going over vocals, runs, and the set list.

I got FaceTime call from someone that I'm learning to call my friend. "Fanny!"

"TBone!"

"Hey honey, how you doing?"

"I'm fine Toni, how about you?"

"I'm getting better day by day. I can't wait for you to come to the city, know me and Tamar gonna be in the crowd."

"Absolutely, I gotta pull you up, if you're up for it."

"For you of course."

"Great. T can I ask you something?"

"Yea Wassuh?"

"Lately I've been in the house especially after my breakup with Ken. I just been kinda down since he was the one to call it instead of me. Like why do we feel better bout a break up when we call it, but when they call it; it hurts more."

" I don't know, for me it's because it feels like our power is gone. The dominance, authority is gone. We're not in control of how things work that's why when the other person calls it, it's hurt."

She made sense. In the midst of her talking I heard someone yell her name "TONIIII"

"Janet quit yelling in my house, you bout bad as Tamar, I promise you I'm not deaf."

"Hell you act like it."

"That's because you be saying crap I don't want to hear."

"Whatever Toni, you love me and there's nothing you can do about it. Now who you on the phone with?"

"Fantasia, dang you so nosy."

"Ohhh, I'm sorry. Hi."

"Hi."

"Oh now you wanna have the audacity to be nervous and shy?" I couldn't help but laugh at Toni and Janet. Literally they were something else.

"Leave me alone Toni."

"How bout you leave me alone, you the one came in my house bothering me."

"You only acted like this when you haven't been fucked."

"Janet."

"What!"

"Go."

"Fine, I'll be upstairs when you done having your bitchtude."

"Girl Gone!" We started laughing as you could hear Janet stomping upstairs as if she was really mad.

"That girl dey, make me wanna turn ha everyway but loose."

"Leave her be T."

"Oh ima leave her be alright. But no seriously that's how it was when Kenneth and I fell off. I hurt like hell, I never had a man be done with me. I felt powerless, like I normally called all the plays but this one here was not in the book. I think as women we expect to leave the guy before the guy leaves us, if that makes sense?"

"It totally does. Though how you and Kenny even get along? Especially with y'all breaking up and still having to work with each other?"

"There's been days, times where we've got caught in the moment. Finding ourselves saying we loved each other still, even kissed at one point. But we knew deep down it couldn't be anymore."

"But what if it's right timing wrong person? Would you really wanna give him up like that? Would he wanna give you up, so quickly?"

"Kenny hates himself for doing it honestly. He still thinks he holds some type of authority to question certain things when it comes to me. I don't think he wants to see me move on or have someone on my hip."