⛧ thatcherdavis×suicidal!reader

⛧ prompt: you're one step away from ending it all. and thatcher, your childhood best friend that you grew apart from, is the only person on the suicide hotline.

[for: sydtheftmtrans]

the weather was cool against your skin. your legs were slightly shaking from the enormous drop that was ahead of you.

you were one step away from ending it all.

with two shaking hands, you dialled the first suicide hotline that popped on your screen and wept.

sobs choked your throat, causing you to take a step back from the ledge. you peered over, concrete floor just miles ahead of you.

"thatcher davis speaking." a monotone voice came from the othe end of your phone's speaker.

"t-thatcher?" your voice questioned, teared from your sobbing.

"y/n? why are you on the suicide hotline? is everything okay?" thatcher's voice was now laced with worry.

your own childhood best friend had picked up your call.

"why- are you here anyway?" you bit your bottom lip.

his voice was heavy with remorse, "i want to protect our county from suicide. i already failed with that kid from last week.."

"but you- where are you?" he quickly added.

"on the ledge." you dropped your phone and peered down again at the ledge.

thatcher from the other end immediately slammed his phone down once you dropped your phone.

he got up from his desk and ran outside, taking his police car over to your location.

you were just near the police department, on the massive bridge that was on the outskirts of mandela county.

closing your eyes, still feeling the cool summer breeze against your skin, you held your breath and took a step forward..

..until two strong arms wrapped your waist and pulled you back down onto the ground, meters away from the ledge.

before you could interfere, thatcher cupped your face and sobbed into your neck.

"i couldn't loose you. not like i did all those years ago." he cried, pools of tears falling down his face.

"i love you, y/n." he bit his bottom lip, suppressing his tears from leaving.

"i- love you too." you began to sob alongside him, your nails digging into thatcher's back.

"i'll never leave you. i swear." you clung onto his muscular body, resting your head in the crook of his neck.

he gently lulled you to sleep, rubbing your back in hopes of comforting you from your trauma.

"i swear. y/n. i'll protect you." you whispered lovingly into your ear, his grip on your waist tightening by the second.

"just promise me you'll never hurt yourself." he kissed your forehead, standing up from the ground and holding you bridal style.

thatcher carried you over to his police car, laying you down gently inside the backseat. he watched as your chest barely risen and fell, as you heaved in your sleep.

"all mine." he whispered, fixing your hair and staring at your calmed face.