Chapter 4 - Tell Me That You Love Me... Even If It's Fake

Giyu started running like he had never ran before. It was one thing for a Hashira to encounter a lower moon but the crow had said that Shinobu was injured fighting it. 'Just how strong are these demons getting?' Giyu thought to himself.

However, the thought of Shinobu being injured had plagued his mind, not only was it a regular demon, but it was a lower moon and if she was injured fighting one then chances were that she was dead.

Then, memories started flooding Giyu's mind, memories of the times he and Shinobu had spent together over the last year and a half. All of those memories would be gone if Giyu isn't fast enough to get to the scene.

Ne ne Tomioka-san, why don't you introduce yourself to Shinobu?' It was the Flower Hashira Kanae Kocho and what seemed to be her younger sister that she took in as her Tsugoku.

"Tomioka Giyu." Giyu responded blandly. To the untrained eye, it would seem as if Kanae and Giyu weren't close but they actually were pretty well acquainted with each other, if they weren't then Giyu wouldn't have even bothered giving her an answer.

Giyu had stayed silent after telling his name, Shinobu was expecting the man to talk about his interests, hobbies or heck even his family if he had any but nope the man had stayed silent.

"Hey, are you going to say anything or what?" Shinobu asked the man.

"Ara Ara Shinobu, please be nice towards Tomioka-san. He doesn't speak much so don't take any offense."

Shinobu merely rolled her eyes as she walked away since she had paperwork to do.

"Sorry Tomioa-san, I know she can be quite brash but she really is a sweet girl inside, but what do you think?" Kanae asked Giyu's opinion on her sister.

"I think she is short-sighted," Giyu responded plainly.

Unfortunately Shinobu wasn't completely out of ear-shot and came running back with a tick mark on her forehead. "You son of a Bitch!!".she said as she tried to tackle Giyu to the ground but Giyu was a Hashira and he easily dodged her. Shinobu went tumbling onto the floor and banged her head on the wall.

"I changed my mind, she is an idiot." Giyu said, adding fuel to the already burning inferno in the form of Shinobu."

"WHY YOU-"

"Shinobu, look what I have! It's your favorite food, ginger sukhodoni!" Kanae said with a bright smile on her face.

Shinobu immediately grabbed the bowl from her hand and started eating it.

"Do you have salmon daikon?" Giyu asked, hoping he could get his favorite food.

"WHY WOULD NEE-SAN MAKE THAT FOR YOU BASTARD!?" Shinobu asked angrily in between the bites of her eating ginger sukhodoni.

"Shinobu, please mind your language. TOmioka-san of course, I can make salmon daikon! Just give me 10 minutes and I will make the best salmon daikon you will ever taste!." Kanae told him enthusiastically.

The idea of Kanae making "the best salmon daikon he has ever tasted" amused him, he knew that nothing would beat his sister's salmon daikon recipe.

After about 20 minutes of making salmon and radish and mixing it with miso soup Kanae had made salmon daikon and served it to Giyu.

Giyu sat across from Shinobu and she was drilling her eyes into his chest, in other words, she was still pissed. Giyu found it somewhat funny in its own way but he really couldn't care less about Shinobu since he had a salmon daikon to feast on.