Chapter 2

Lucy's POV
Two weeks later.

I'm much more settled into Mid-Wilshire now. I'm also close to Tim now. Also, I think he's flirting with me. But I'm not going to say anything because I don't want to make a fool of myself.

I wake up in a bad mood. Then things start to go wrong. I don't get to Jackson's room in time for 7 on the dot, my hair is ridiculously knotty and making me overstimulated and my AirPods are dead because I forgot to put them on charge.

I feel a meltdown coming on so I go to my spare room where Clover and Winnie are, put my ear defenders on and cuddle the bunnies. 

Jackson's POV
I sigh as I watch Lucy cuddle Clover and pet Winnie while rocking. She needs to go to work because she has a bunch of paperwork. I look at the time and know if I have any chance of getting her to work I have to start getting her ready now.

"I'm gonna brush your hair ok?" I ask.

She nods slightly.

I gently brush her hair and then do a simple hairstyle for her.

Some people think Lucy is too high maintenance but really, it isn't that bad. I enjoy doing her hair and helping her. I leave her hair mostly out but do four tiny plaits.

"I don't want to leave the bunnies." Lucy sniffles.
"Why not?" I ask softly.
"I love them. Fluffy. They get lonely here alone." She tells me.
"How about while I make a phone call, you go get dressed," I tell her.
"Yeah?" She asks excitedly.
"Yeah," I say.

She puts the Bunnies down and runs off. I take a moment to look at how these bunnies are more spoilt than me. Then I call Grey.

"West?" Grey asks.
"Hey, Lucy's having a bad morning and if you want her to come in you will have to let her bring her bunnies," I tell him.
"What?" Grey asks baffled.
"She's basically refusing to come in without her bunnies. I promise they won't be a problem or anything." I tell him.
"How many?" Grey sighs.
"Two."
"They aren't allowed to roam too much nor leave the station if she is going somewhere other than lunch," Grey says before hanging up.

Lucy's POV
I pack Clover and Winnie into their carrier and I get their pen. I pack everything they will need and then we head to the station. I take their stuff to my desk. Suddenly Grey tells me to come into the roll call room with them.

"What's that?" Tim asks.
"My bunnies." I smile.
"I called you in here so we can all meet them," Grey tells me.

I smile and open up the carrier. I give Clover to Jackson and grab Winnie out. Awes go around the room.

"Jackson is holding Clover and this is Winnie," I tell them.
"Can I hold one?" Grey asks.
"Sir, are you a softy for bunnies?" I giggle.
"If I say yes can I hold one?" He asks.

Jackson hands him Clover and he chuckles as Clover sniffs him. I put Winnie on the desk in front of Tim who is sitting at the front for once. Tim smiles at me. Deadass smiles! I know I will stare to I put my eyes on Winnie as she hops around the table.

A few people hold and pet the bunnies before I head back to my desk with them and start my paperwork.

At lunch, I quickly eat my food and I feed Winnie and Clover half a carrot each while looking at them in awe.

"Why did you bring them to work?" Tim asks.
"Oh...I didn't want them to get lonely." I shrug.
"Urm... okay." He chuckles.

Suddenly the noise kicks up around us. It's so loud now. I'm getting overstimulated. I grab my backpack and grab my ear defenders, not caring what the others think, nor if they find out about my autism. I stim while also petting Clover.

Tim's POV
I'll admit, I have a crush on Lucy. Ew, that sounds childish. I like Lucy. I want to ask her out but also she confuses me. She flirts but then she doesn't randomly. 

Suddenly she starts blinking hard. She digs around in the bag she carries around everywhere and pulls out ear muffs or something. She puts them over her ears and then as she pets her bunnies which by the way are so cute, she taps her fingers onto her thumb. I look over at West curiously. He just shakes his head no.

What the hell is going on?

"I'm autistic. I'm overstimulated right now." Lucy murmurs suddenly.

Oh.

Lucy's POV
After a while, I start to feel better and I'm able to go back to work after our lunch break is over.

That evening as Jackson and I are leaving Tim comes over.

"Hey." He says.
"Hi."
"Uhm, about what you said today. I know I didn't react but just know that it's just cause I wasn't really expecting it. But just know it doesn't change how I see you, you're a good cop." He smiles softly.

I feel like my knees could go weak at any moment.

"Thanks," I say awkwardly.

Jackson hits my back.

"What?" I ask.
"Ask for his damn number," Jackson says plain as day and Tim chuckles.

I look up at him with a sheepish look.

"Yes?" Tim smirks.
"Are you gonna make me ask?" I sigh.
"Yes."
"Could I maybe have your number?" I ask him shyly.
"Could I maybe have your phone so I can put it in?" Tim chuckles.

I quickly fork over my phone.

He puts in his number and hands it back to me. I giggle as I see his name.

Your best co-worker (Tim) 

I quickly text him so he has my number.

"Thanks, I'll text you sometime." I smile.

Tim nods and Jackson tugs my arm to leave when suddenly I turn back around.

"Is this more than a friendly text?" I ask, just making sure.
"I'd hope so." Tim smiles.
"Right thanks, sorry. I'm terrible at flirting and stuff. Like seriously pictures of Winnie and Clover cuddled up together is my way of saying I want that with you. OMG. I need to shut up. Bye!" I blurt out and rush off.

"Fuck. What did I just do!?" I exclaim as soon as we get in the car.

Suddenly my phone chimes.

I see it is from Tim. Jackson looks over my shoulder. I open the message.

It's an image of two bunnies cuddling.