Chapter 9

A/N sorry for taking so long to get this chapter out.

Lucy's POV
It's been two months since Jackson passed. I would say I've been doing better.

I've recently been working on a case about a serial killer. We believe it is connected to Rosalind Dyer. Tomorrow I'm interviewing her. 

"Morning," Tim says as he kisses my forehead.
"Mm," I mumble, not really feeling like talking right now.
"Are you ok?" Tim asks.

I just shrug and stretch a bit.

We go through our morning routine but when we get to the station Tim holds my hand, keeping me from moving inside.

He gets out his phone, does something then I get a notification.

I open our text thread and see a picture of Clover and Winnie with a ring.

I quickly look at him but notice he's on one knee with the same ring in the image. My eyes widen.

"Lucy, I want to be with you for the rest of my life. Every moment with you is amazing and I never want to be away from you. Will you marry me?" He asks.
"Yes." I grin.

He stands up, kisses me hard and puts the ring on my finger.

"I love you." I grin.
"I love you too."

We hug for a moment before we go in. As we walk in I can't help but do my happy stim.

When we get in I run over to our friends and excitedly show them my hand.

"OMG!" Angela grins and hugs me.

We get congratulations and then we are told that Rosalind is here for us to interview.

I kiss Tim bye and then go with Nyla and Angela.

I interview her throughout the day but we don't get much other than mind games, as we predicted.

At the end of the day Angela, Nyla and I decide to go out for drinks to discuss the case. I quickly text Tim to let him know.

Bunny- I'm going out 4 drinks tonight with the girls, could u pls feed Clover & Winnie?

Future Husband <3- Of course, Bunny, what time will you be home?

Bunny- Around 9.

Future Husband <3- I'll wait up for you. I love you.

Bunny- I love you too! xx ❤️

We go to a bar near the station called Las Torres. We get a pitcher of beer to share as we discuss the case. When we run out I volunteer to get a refill even though I'm not drinking much. It's super busy and I'm right now grateful for my noise-cancelling airpods.

"Pace yourself. It's a marathon, not a sprint." A man says to me. 

I jump a bit at the sudden voice.

"Oh. How long have you been waiting here?" I ask, wondering if it is better to just call it a night.
"What month is it?" He jokes making me chuckle a bit.
"Caleb." He says holding out his hand.

I don't really want to shake his hand but I do, to be polite.

"Lucy."
"Nice to meet you. What brings you out on a Wednesday night?" He asks.
"Uh, I'm just...hanging out with some friends from work," I say, just making small talk because it's better than standing awkwardly.
"Oh, looks like a fun group. What do you do?" He asks after looking over at Angela and Nyla.
"Uhm. We are cops." I shrug.
"Fun, fun." he nods.

I then notice the pitcher has now been filled. I smile and nod at Caleb and grab it.

We hang out for a while longer. The other two are carpooling an Uber and I'm getting my own.

Their one arrives faster, leaving me waiting alone. Suddenly something pricks my neck. I jump and struggle against the hold of someone.

Everything goes dark.

Tim's POV
It's now 10 and I still have no word from Lucy. I've called her many times but she hasn't answered.

I start a group call with Angela and Nyla.

"Where's Lucy?" I ask the second they both pick up.
"She should be at home," Angela tells me.
"She isn't." I sigh.
"We were leaving like an hour and a half ago. Our Uber got there first, she was waiting for hers." Nyla says.
"Somethings happened. I know it. I'm going to the station to trace her phone." I say then hang up.