𖣔 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ 𖣔

Morning found the entire Xeneth in celebratory mood

Morning found the entire Xeneth in celebratory mood. Merasia had yet to get officially started. The maids took extra care in making my costume lighter and more elegant. Today, I was dressed in light purple to match my amethyst eyes. My hair was left open with a few head ornaments. But it was definitely the lightest of all outfits, I had tried within two days.

I still couldn't believe two days was all I had spent in this world. At least, I had managed to survive for forty-eight hours. I would be using all my pent-up luck if I managed to pull off what I had in store.

We all gathered in front of the Throne of the Sun. The Emperor was yet to arrive. I stood in the line where Consort Scarlett was the head. On my way, I bowed slightly in the direction of Consort Eliza. She nodded in a smile. I wasn't surprised to see Consort Catherine noticing the small greeting. She gritted her teeth. Gladly, the ministers were summoned to their respective seats, and she lost me in her sight. I noticed a lady in a green outfit glancing at me time to time, but I ignored her. I saw the Earl and the General walking together, earning the spotlight. Though the commoners won't participate, they would still celebrate by being the audience. Today, whoever was going to participate was going to be just a candidate regardless of status. Afterall, Xeneth was now an Empire.

And Merasia was an event that came like Hailey's comet. Once in several of decades or centuries.

The procession of the troops began with the entrance of the Emperor and the Queen Dowager. She would definitely resign from her regency today. A kingdom could have a regent but there could be only two rulers in an Empire. The Sun and the Moon of the Empire. And since, the Empress hadn't been selected yet, it only meant that the whole Empire was now under absolute monarchy under one ruler. I confirmed my assumptions when I saw the Queen Dowager with no crown or the sash, I had seen her wearing on the day of the banquet. She would most likely be the judge for the Empress candidate. The advisors, ministers in charge of departments and the four chief consorts were standing in a different crowd than us. It was good that they had made us gather under the open sky. It would have been too stifling with a thousand people inside a ball room.