TWENTY SEVEN

Clarina woke up feeling sore and with a mild headache. She decided to stay in bed for a moment as she stretched her muscles underneath the covers.

Sat comfortably leaning against the headboard and stretched for her phone.

She retrieved the white card she had spotted standing beside two small sunflowers.
_
if you fail to get out of bed, take this as my heartfelt apology. In my opinion, you should stay in bed thinking about me all day.
_

Only Antonio

Clarina closed the card with a huff and smiled as she picked up the small-sized flowers.

Antonio had once asked if she was into gardening, and offered to set up a greenhouse for her in the compound. It was thoughtful of him. And she expressed her gratitude then plainly told him how she wasn't into gardening. She didn't hate it, just wasn't into it at the level of taking up looking after one.

Already she wasn't constant in taking care of the garden May and she had started. It had been something taken up based on taking her mind off during her early stay at the house. Both of them now slacked when it came to responding to it. A young pretty gardener had taken up the responsibility.

Antonio had specifically assigned her to it.

Clarina placed the flowers back down and held her phone. Opened nana's message first and played the audio. Smiling at the fact that she had actually sent one

don't be angry at you nana cariño. He's your boyfriend, my future grandson-in-law. You know he's interesting to talk to and you know what else? He loves you.

Clarina narrowed her eyes and quickly dismissed the L word together with the in-law term.

I know you won't agree,

She didn't.

But I know what I'm saying. I'm never wrong.

No, but that didn't mean she was right on this.

Clarina's mood shifted to a blank one. She didn't like when her grandmother brought up talks about her finding love and such. Her mother and father used to talk to her about it. Numerous times.

And that tablet? I couldn't say no to him.

Really...

I couldn't tell him my Bible excuse. He's smart with his words you know.

She did know.

So I accepted it. After your cousin showed me how to use it talking too much about the latest something. It's easy to use. You were right.

She laughed alongside her grandma at the end of the audio. Of course, she had been right. Guess that meant no box was collecting dust by a corner.

Clarina read her grandma's last message.

-I didn't tell you I was texting him because you would tell me not to.

In a heartbeat.

-Do you want me to stop?

Clarina sighed.

She didn't know when Antonio and her grandma had begun texting.

She noted the genuine interest her grandma held towards Antonio and replied with audio as well.

"Yes, I would have discouraged you from texting him. "

It was the truth.

"But you already are. You don't have to stop nana. Not on my account. But I don't want you building ideas in your head about us. Marriage isn't in the picture."