Ch 43

Taehyung's POV:

Standing outside Jude's lecture room, the muffled sounds of chalk scratching against the board and the professor's high-pitched voice drifted out into the hallway.

Glancing at the time on my watch, I noted that there were still thirty minutes left until the end of class.

Normally, I would take this opportunity to roam around the college, maybe grab a snack or chat with friends, but today I found myself lacking the energy and motivation to do so.

Do I have class right now? Yes.

Am I going to attend it? Hell no.

I reached into my bag and retrieved a bouquet of yellow tulips, placing them delicately on the windowsill.

Some might question my choice of flowers, assuming that red roses would be more appropriate for a romantic gesture.

But today, I had a little secret talk with Jude's grandmother before leaving her house, and she revealed that Jude had a particular fondness for yellow tulips.

It was a small detail, but everything about Jude is important and thoughtful.

Glancing at the time once more, I sighed inwardly as I realized that only five minutes had passed since I arrived.

Leaning against the wall next to the window, I gazed outside at the college playground bathed in the soft afternoon sunlight. The atmosphere was moderate and pleasant, with a gentle breeze stirring the air just enough to provide relief from the warmth of the sun.

From my vantage point, I could see several groups of students scattered across the field, engaged in various activities.

My attention was drawn to a game of football being played by some of my juniors and a few boys from my own batch, I found myself frowning as I observed their lackluster performance.

With an upcoming football tournament against a rival college looming on the horizon, I couldn't help but feel frustrated by their apparent lack of skill and dedication.

It was clear that they had a long way to go before they would be ready to face their opponents, and I couldn't shake the feeling of disappointment that settled in the pit of my stomach.

As I stood by the window, watching the football game unfold before me, memories of my own time on the field flooded my mind.

I remembered how, in my first year of college, I had quickly risen to become the star player, earning the admiration and applause of my peers within just two short months. But that all changed when my behavior took a turn for the worse.

I don't care.

I muttered to myself bitterly, my gaze hardening as I recalled the events that led to my departure from the sport.

I had grown tired of the attention, bugging, the adulation, the suffocating presence of girls who wanted to get in a relationship with me.

And I don't do relationship.

Not then.

Now it's different.

I would much rather have haters and critics than endure the constant scrutiny of fangirls and boys.

But the main reason for my decision to leave football behind was the sense of pride that Namjoon, my brother, had felt whenever teachers praised me for my skills on the field.

I couldn't bear the thought of him deriving any joy from my success when our relationship was tainted by years of rivalry and resentment. To me, it was more than just a childish feud - it was a deeply ingrained animosity that festered in the depths of my heart.