Chapter 53- Things Have Changed

song: the rose- she's in the rain

I hear myself whimper as I get dragged away from Jungkook and into someone else's arms

I hear myself whimper as I get dragged away from Jungkook and into someone else's arms. It's pitch black, but I know he's there crying in front of me.

"Kook." I cry choking on my own tears as they stream down my face.

"Grey?" A voice calls startling me.

I feel myself become dizzy as my eyes flicker open and the space around me is not anywhere similar to the place I was in only a second ago. My name is called again making me roll over on the bed I'm lying on in search of the only person I want at my side right now.

"Kook?" I groan, my voice cracking from how dry my throat is as I feel around the empty sheets beside me.

It's not until my name's called for a third time that I properly try to squint my eyes open and realise I've been dreaming. Sitting around me are six boys all anxiously watching me with big wide eyes.

"Where's Jungkook?" I croak clearing my throat as I sit up looking between each of the boys.

"How are you feeling Grey?" Jin speaks, ignoring my question.

"Where's Jungkook?" I say again, this time emphasising my desperation for an answer.

Jin sighs looking around the boys that all look to him sympathetically.

"He's in his room." I swear I see a gulp travel down his throat as he tries to keep his composure.

"So why am I not there? It's my room too."

"Not anymore." Yoongi says simply.

I scoff feeling my lips tilt up in shock as I glance over at him. "Excuse me?"

Hoseok clears his throat and shuffles awkwardly in his seat instantly gaining my attention. "Grey, what Yoongi is trying to explain is that...well...things are a little different now."

Jin acknowledges the confused look on my face and trails a hand through his hair, "You've been out for two weeks. Your outburst in the file room took a lot out of you and you collapsed. We've been waiting for you to wake up since."

"But I remember being with Jungkook. He was trying to protect me from the principal." I explain watching each of them plaster a look of bewilderment on their face.

"That never happened Grey. The principal has been trying to help you through this." He states.

"Then tell me why Jungkook isn't here! If the principal really wanted to help me, he'd know that all I need is Kook." My voice wavers as I finally realise that I haven't once felt our connection since I woke up.

Yoongi huffs frustrated, "Stop beating around the bush and tell her."

Jin sighs taking another look around the group that each look at me sympathetically. "Things have changed Grey."