𖣔 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ 𖣔

I had no idea of time when we were waiting for our batch to participate in the first event

I had no idea of time when we were waiting for our batch to participate in the first event. But there was a total of five batches and that meant fifty consorts. I heard the roar of people now and then. I also heard the dead silence now and then. But I guessed it was a mind game if the criteria to apply was if we were good liars. It was most probably an hour or more when we were summoned into the stadium like building.

Daneliya had informed me that it was called that it was called the Great Walls of Glory. Well, at least the author had a good sense of humor. This wasn't China but the world was a bit influenced by Chinese culture of harem and monarchy. The people mostly used this place to enjoy circus of elephants, wrestling with bulls or to observe some other martial arts. Sometimes, it was used as a public execution ground. And today was no different than filming a reality show. 

We, the ten consorts, were escorted by ten different men into the stone building. In the dark passageway we were given black capes to cover the dresses. As for the face, we were given face masks that were attached with long black cloth to cover the hair. After making sure that no part of our body was visible, we were led into ten separate rooms. I heard the crowd roar and I guessed that it was because this was the final round. The noise outside was clearly audible. 

"The last players have entered the arena!" A man announced. I assumed he was the host. "Your Majesty. with your permission we will begin the last round of the first event." The audience roared.